VOTE NOW - POTM December 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOTE NOW - POTM December 2009

Voting is now open for December 2009 POTM!

CLICK HERE to vote.

Voting will remain open until November 30th at 10pm, and I will announce the winner. In case of another tie, I'll post the photos in a thread and attach a poll for a tie breaker vote lasting 2-3 days.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

that was a tough choice. lots of nice pictures this month, thanks to everyone for submitting!
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

voted for the mbu..i think i know who that was...

Comment

Yeah, that is tough! I still haven't voted! Those are some really awesome pictures to choose from! Thanks to everyone who submitted! :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

lol i pretty much knew whos fish all those were HAHAHA the discus is SEXY!! nice pic matt ))))
          I make people happy

Comment

Thanks Mark...

Maybe if I win I can convince the wife to give me my DSLR early for Christmas.

Lots of great pics up there...POTM was a good idea.
            15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

Originally posted by Matt in Houston View Post
              Thanks Mark...

Maybe if I win I can convince the wife to give me my DSLR early for Christmas.

Lots of great pics up there...POTM was a good idea.
              dude what camera was that taken with?!?!?! it really is a great pic
              I make people happy

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
                dude what camera was that taken with?!?!?! it really is a great pic

A 2.5 years old Canon PowerShot A570is 7.1mp...Its a good little camera for quick snap shots on vacation and stuff but nothing compared to what I'm hoping to get for Christmas.

Hoping for a Nikon D300s or D700...cant decide yet but probably the D300s because the wife wants to go with the cheaper one obviously lol...One is DX format and the other is full FX. Lenses arent cheap either.

Comment

A 2.5 years old Canon PowerShot A570is 7.1mp...Its a good little camera for quick snap shots on vacation and stuff but nothing compared to what I'm hoping to get for Christmas.

Hoping for a Nikon D300s or D700...cant decide yet but probably the D300s because the wife wants to go with the cheaper one obviously lol...One is DX format and the other is full FX. Lenses arent cheap either.
                  i say go d3 and get a NICE lens...
                  I make people happy

Comment

Bump!

I know everyone hasn't voted yet... Only 38 votes so far.

C'mon and vote!
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I got a sweet deal last christmas for a D 40 with two lenses and a bag included. Check Wolfe Camera in addition to the big box stores. I ended up going to Wolfe, got it for less and they also offered a bunch of free classes.

The D 40 is a great camera and you don't have to spend a ton to get incredible pics.
                      Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                      150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                      17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                      5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                      3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Thanks Jarrod Ill check into it...

Im thinking of buying from a reputable online store out of state so that I dont have to pay tax on the purchase...but sometimes good local service is priceless so there is a trade off to buying online.

Comment

Based upon my experience, you might save 10% but it doesn't compare to the freebies, extras, classes, and close by service / returns that I got in my opinion.

With Wolfe, they didn't advertise the great deal that I got. It only got offered once I stepped into the store. When I walked in knowing exactly what I wanted, I was able to "impulse buy" to get the "today only" special.
                          Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                          150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                          17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                          5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                          3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Why go to the dark side? Canon's 50D and 7D are both awesome cameras! With a better lens selection IMHO. If you like doing wildlife and stuff, you probably want to stay away from full frame. The mult. factor makes long lenses REALLY long.
                            55g Planted- Malawi and Victorian Cichlids
                            35g Cube- P. Saulosi, Petrochromis, Sunshine Peacocks
                            20L Planted- RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Neon Tetras, Snails
                            2.5g Planted- Snails, RCS

Comment

Originally posted by cameracorpus View Post
                              Why go to the dark side? Canon's 50D and 7D are both awesome cameras! With a better lens selection IMHO. If you like doing wildlife and stuff, you probably want to stay away from full frame. The mult. factor makes long lenses REALLY long.

Yes the DX allows for a 1.5x mult. factor so will take the longer shots with a shorter/lighter lens from what I understand. Im not sure how useful this will be for me shooting portraits and aquarium life...but Im sure it will come in handy if need be. Nice to have the option.

The FX though is great at the higher ISOs and have better low light qualities...which if you are shooting into an aquarium will come into play.

Im just a newb at dslr's but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the D300s... but I dont want to wish I bought the D700 instead and regret my purchase down the road. I looked at the Canons too and they make a great camera but I think the Nikons have won me over. I have friends that own both and have played with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X