City Pets "Hello"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Pets "Hello"

Hello Everyone... this is David @ City Pets. I usually don't surf online forums, etc.. that much and i was talking to one of my good friend Luis and he told me about this. First off, "THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING OUR FAMILY BUSINESS FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS", we are striving to become a better, more rounded store. We value your patronage and appreciate "for the most part" your confidence in City Pets. We are a family-owned business that are just trying to make ends meet and serve our customers better.

Sorry to hear about your problems that you have experienced at City Pets - especially Nitty, Newb, Stevenallenbarnard, GeneD, and cms6175. I understand your frustration with us and I am sincerely apologize for your experience. I do understand where u are coming from and will hopefully solve this issue and prevent it from happening again. Thanks for your honest opinion once again and I dont blame you for your words or actions. Sorry again.

Thank you geoff_tropheus, wvgdiscus, fshfrk, cichlidfan, myjohnson, imagirlgeek, and aggrofishkeeper for backing us up. We cant be all negative can we be now. JK. Thank you for your comments and all the others that have supported us and didnt post. Yes we are human. We sometimes have good day and bad days. Every once in a while, I get a terrible day and fun loving day as well somewhere along the way. Thank you All Houston Fish People.

lil about us, Yes we are family owned, we try to stock all kinds of stuff. I usually do drygoods, Donnie - saltwater fish/ products, Dad - freshwater/technical, Mom - Sm animals/Birds. Me and my brother are younger and are evergrowing to change and improvements. We are hopefully changing with our service one client at a time. My brother has done an amazing/awesome job with our saltwater and reef setup. Its spectacular the corals and live reef stuff we have now. My dad does freshwater and he is old school, i mean old school. He know what he knows for 25 years in the business. He work for deals on fish and gets wat he gets. I know i want some koo fish sometimes too but cannot because of quantity, hardiness, vendor, etc. He can be "mean looking" sometimes but I assure u he is not. He is more stressed out about City Pets than you know it, behind the tanks, techical aspect and all. My mom has been the cashier and bird/sm animals talkative person for a long time. I myself is trying to get more into the live plants section recently. Hopefully we will be a truly awesome store. For us, so this is more than we can handle, there is lots of work to be done. There is a lot to do with manpower, we cannot afford to hire more co workers at our facility. We try to keep everyone happy but some times we simply try but cannot succeed. We acknowledge this, one stepping stone at a time, we will work on it. Promise. I love my family, my job and CP, this is all I have and this is wat I cherish in my life.

David

welcome, never been to your store but i heard yall have every replacement part on the planet
    I make people happy

Comment

before i started working at FR2 this is where i got all my supplies. best prices IMO. i might start getting my supplies here really soon.
      fishless

Comment

I've always enjoyed going to City Pets. I have always had great service there. :)
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Your mom and dad are some of the nicest people in the business that I've known...and I've known them since you were a baby. They are good business people as well and sometimes I think that makes them seem a little harsh to people who don't know them. They just have to be "intense" sometimes...lol
          Charles Jones
          http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

You are very welcome David, your store is one of my favs. Also a couple of weeks ago i went for some parts and stuff for my tanks and return to my home with a Yorkie puppy .

Comment

technically, I didn't really say anything negative about city pets, I just mentioned that one time I went in there I wasn't able to get any service. I also mentioned several positives about your store. But anywho.... What kind of deals are y'all going to be having this Saturday. I might have to mosey on down there if it's anything really good.
              ‎Haiku's are easy
              But sometimes they don't make sense
              Refrigerator

Comment

Welcome to the board David. I'll back this place up any day! This was the store for me and my brother back in the day when we started with aquarium. Driving from Port Arthur, TX to Houston just for goldfish and tank supplies! ) It's always great to see a family business go from that small cramp place and grow to the new location across the street today. The goods keep getting better and the service has always been good to me. You have a bad day? nahhh Everytime I go in there you are always smiling! oh wait maybe it's because I keep walking out with less $ in my pocket. haha

Congrats on 25 years!

Cheers,
                Thanh
                "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

excellent to have you on the fishbox. It is good to see your response to customer feedback. Responding to customer feedback is an excellent way to regain customers who may have had a bad experience...it really shows you care about your store. Since my last post I have come in and bought some Eheim 22260 tubing that I asked yall to order and it arrived soon afterwards. Hopefully we see more of you on the box. I am on a first name basis with several of the LFS owners and would like to reach that level at your store, it really makes for a better visit when I know I can sit and talk about fish with somebody more experienced than myself.
                  250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Nice to see you finally getting on here David!

CP has the cheapest prices around. Half the stuff there is cheaper than internet prices.

I got my 6 foot tank, MP40, wet/dry, among other smaller things from CP.

Service has always been good to me. David, Donnie, and the mom always shows love when I'm there.

Good place to go and I will continue to do so.

It says a lot that Luis is good friends with the family.

-Thai
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Totally agree, hope to see more of you on the forum here.

Lots of really good people here, and many many people shop in your store.

I've been going there all the time for my Eheim parts, no one has more than you guys.
                      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Hey David! Great to see you :)

I get all my supply stuff from City Pets.
                        Karen

Comment

David - All the stores discussed on here have been criticized a few times. Don't take it personally. Remember, feedback is a powerful tool even if it isn't all positive.

I have personally noticed much more positive praise than negative for City Pets. You run a good store with a lot of variety and very competitive prices. If I have a list of items that I need, your store will probably be my first choice because I hate to drive to several stores to find a few things.

BTW, the Fluval skimmer is working BEAUTIFULLY. I was having all kinds of cloudy water issues until you sold me that. Now the water is much, much clearer.

Sorry to miss the sale this weekend, but our family is scheduled for a mini vacation in Dallas. I do look forward to the phone call telling me that I won that raffle though... :)

Thank you David and City Pets.
                          Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                          150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                          17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                          5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                          3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

David welcome to the Box. To set the record straight I have been back to your store multiple times and have not had an issue with customer service since my first visit. I still like other LFS for African cichlid selection but will continue to visit you for all my dry good needs.
                            120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
                            180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

cichlidfan and I have been to your store so many times, and we most always come out with some kind of purchase. I enjoy looking at your saltwater display tanks, as well as the planted ones. Thanks for your sincere concern about us and our fish related needs. Keep up the good work....

Comment

Working...
                              X