2 Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Oscars

I have 2 oscars that are both about 6-7" both are healthy and happy the problem is it looks like it will take longer than expected to get a bigger tank, so I have to let them go for their well being. If anyone wants them pm me. I will try to get pictures to all pm'rs.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

Dude..where were you this weekend....I might have gotten these verses the chicken fish.
    BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

sorry had to take the wify to the zoo

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
      -Stephen Roberts

Comment

i really dont want to get rid of them i'l had them since 1" but my $$$ for my new tank wont come untill the Feb. and at the rate they are growing ( 1"/ month) they will be way too big for my 55 gal.

-Stephen Roberts

Comment

dude just leave them there....they will be fine...just dont feed them much
          I make people happy

Comment

I think you will be fine keeping them as long as your definately getting a bigger tank come Feb.
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

they will be fine till feb if you keep doing large, frequent water changes. I say if you wanna keep them, keep them
              ‎Haiku's are easy
              But sometimes they don't make sense
              Refrigerator

Comment

its funny when people say do large frequent water changes, but they dont define what large or frequent is.. some may say 50% bi-weekly is large & frequent, I degress. I do 80% weekly I think that is not very frequent, large but not frequent.

If you guys think they will be ok untill Feb. I will keep them. unless someone with a bigger tank wants them. I would rather them be happy. thank you all

-Stephen Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid1123 View Post
                  its funny when people say do large frequent water changes, but they dont define what large or frequent is.. some may say 50% bi-weekly is large & frequent, I degress. I do 80% weekly I think that is not very frequent, large but not frequent.

If you guys think they will be ok untill Feb. I will keep them. unless someone with a bigger tank wants them. I would rather them be happy. thank you all
                  80% weekly is good enough. i do 50% 2-3 times a week on all my tanks.
                  fishless

Comment

see large and frequent mean different thing to diffrent people i think we should define this.

-Stephen Roberts

Comment

80% weekly is more than adequate. I've kept oscars before (truthfully, who here hasn't?) and I can tell you from experience that they will be just fine. that's one of the things that people like about O's, they are adaptable. but it's really up to you, if you're looking to get rid of them to take your tank a different direction (the reason most of us got rid of our oscars), then I'm sure you will find them a good home.
                      ‎Haiku's are easy
                      But sometimes they don't make sense
                      Refrigerator

Comment

as an option...Aquarium World has a really big pond thing in the store that is strictly for overgrown oscars. it is like a refuge for Oscars once their owners cant keep them anymore. Last time I was there, they all looked really healthy and happy in that pond. There are some really big ones in there though.

Comment

i drove by aquarium world last week on the way to houston aquatics, and their parking lot was emty and they were boarded up????
                          i wonder if they closed down?
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

do what??? I wonder what they did with all their tanks and stuff...

Comment

Working...
                            X