Fundulus cingulatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundulus cingulatus

I sold a pair of Fundulus "cingulatus" Milton, FL popluation at the GHAC auction today. Milton, FL is in the Flordia panhandle.

I know that F. cingulatus got split. I do not the name of the other species, or wicth species the Milton, FL popluation belongs to.

Can anybody help me with that information.

Thank you.

I bought them. Nice fish. I had to get in a bidding war with Mzungu over them. I hope she forgives me.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

luckys!i was so busy today!i had to clean out all my aquariums beacause of dye off!=<
      10g Community Planted Aquarium
      10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
      55g Saltwater Aquarium-
      20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
      20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
      YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
        I bought them. Nice fish. I had to get in a bidding war with Mzungu over them. I hope she forgives me.
        NEVER!!!!

Of course I forgive you, silly. Doug, those were some gorgeous fish. I am so jealous of Nick. Still. )

Sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to comment on the quality of those fish. Beautiful. Do you have more at home? What's their history (i.e. did you collect them, buy them, etc?)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I promised Mzungu fry IF I can get them to spawn.
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
            I promised Mzungu fry IF I can get them to spawn.
            And now it's in writing. Bwahaha!

Comment

I'm googling them to see if I can find some sort of article about the split, Doug. But found this for you, Nick:

Comment

Here ya go:

Comment

Nice find, Mzungu. Bruce Stallsmith is one of the nation's foremost authorities on all things "Fundulus". (He's also a global moderator and regular on the NANFA site you posted above.) Thanks for the info. Very interesting!
                  <*||||>< <*||||>< <*||||><

Comment

Fundulus are good pond fish, and can spend the winter outside down here. Mine been living in my pond for years.

To breed Fundulus they may need to get cold. I have heard that there sex organs develope in cold water.

Comment

Good to know, Doug, thanks!

Did you collect the fish you sold at the auction? Or did you buy them from someone?

Comment

I got the ancesters of those fish from Pat Polaski, a former member of the Texas Area Killiefish Organization. Pat colected them in Milton, FL. The colecting habitat is now a strip center or something.

Comment

Based on the articles that Mzungr reconened I think that my Fundulus cinglatus mat be F. auroguttatus or F. rubrifons.

F. cingulatus may be an invalid species. The male of the Milton, FL popluation have redder fins than the drawing in the Patterson Field Guide.

Comment

I'll have to take a look at my books when I get home, but a lot of the time the Pederson guide tends to be a bit bland in its representation of colors in fishes (except the darter plates, lol).

Comment

Working...
                            X