Pet City - I'm impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet City - I'm impressed

I used to go to Pet City on the far north side years ago. It was the closest pet store to me.

Thing is, it was kinda dirty, I got bad service, and I worried about the animals they were selling (the cages weren't all that clean and they had those wire bottoms that are hard on paws).

They have turned completely around. And they have an excellent fish selection. Mostly saltwater... the freshwater fish they have mostly aren't anything to get excited about, but they are healthy and at very good prices. The people are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They have a good selection of equipment I've had trouble finding, too.

Anyway, if you're up in that area, check it out.

Oh, and the nearby Petsmart is one of the better ones for fish. The employee who usually mans that area is pretty knowledgeable, as well, and seems to take her job seriously.
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Been there a couple times....I forget the guys name who runs the place...but he is nice and the staff was pretty friendly....freshwater selection was limited but they did have decent prices for the most part....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Thats good to know cuz my brother and i used to visit this place but like you said, it really wasnt the best place. They did always have a really good selection of equipment. I'll probably make my out there again for a visit.
      If it ain't wild caught
      You ain't doing it right

Comment

They always have it in stock and the price is great. But I don't buy fish from LFS because new ones magicly appear in my tanks.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
        X