African butterfly fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African butterfly fish

Has anyone had any experience with breeding these guys? I still need to learn how to sex them.

Any hints?
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

There was an article in one of the last TFHs, I think the one with the flowerhorn on the cover.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Never even seen them in real life. But i have that TFH issue. I also think I have an article on them in an old aquariums USa too.
      Life's to short to worry and too long to wait
      Its too short not to love everybody, and Life's too long to hate

Comment

These guys are really cool!
        I used to have a shoal of 5 of these in a 29g with 2 spotted climbing perch and a pair of jewels.
        Was probably one of the coolest tanks i've ever had.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

I have always had success keeping these guys. I have a pair of them, both females. This website helped me sex them. Breeding is not all that difficult from what I hear. Doing the normal food loading is a good start, drop their water down a few inches, then refill with soft-slightly acidic water (compared to the tank). I'm sure temperature plays a role as well, but I'm not sure on details.
          75 planted (Being Renovated)
          Endlers
          gobies
          lots of nanos

Comment

Working...
          X