millepora problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millepora problems

so i got a new ora blue millepora about a 2 weeks ago. the first week looked good (like when i bought it) good polyp extension, color was ok, but was getting better. then about a week ago it stopped extending its polyps.... i've tried different heights in the aquarium but doesn't seem to help. any ideas what could be up with this guy?
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

What kind of flow you got it facing?

Could it be some other coral stinging it at night maybe?
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

i've tried moving it around for different flow options, has moderate indirect flow right now, my tank has 56x flow rate so......no way its being stung, well at least not for the past week or so it hasn't been close to anything.
      Last edited by cichlid1409; 10-29-2009, 12:31 AM.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank

Comment

What are the water parameters?

Milleporas are usually known to be hardy, i would say you may have issue in water.

Possibly calcium levels or nitrogen cycle, have you added in any rocks or stirred up tank any? Post your parameters it will help alot in figuring out your problem.
        Got Dovii??? I do!!!

Comment

just tested yesterday
          nitrate 0
          ammonia 0
          phosphate 0
          pH 8.3
          sg 1.025
          cal 520
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank

Comment

or not lol...

Those look almost to good to be true, but im sure you wouldnt bother posting bad numbers, just saying they are good numbers lol...

It could be possible that it just needs some time to adjust to your tank levels, flow, and lighting. I have a branching monti, that looked all but dead then about 3 weeks in it was as orange as ever with polyps everywhere. Maybe just put it where you want it and give it some time to adjust. Sps is very touchy (which im sure you already knew).
            Got Dovii??? I do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffcustom View Post
              Those look almost to good to be true, but im sure you wouldnt bother posting bad numbers, just saying they are good numbers lol...
              i was surprised myself.... i dont test that often and wanted to make sure all the numbers were in order...
              i think having a fuge on a 25 g total system (after rock displacement) has really helped. i think the new bak pak 2 is part of it also
              It could be possible that it just needs some time to adjust to your tank levels, flow, and lighting. This is what im hoping for, the tank it came out of had less lighting and less flow....sooooooo....
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank

Comment

Where did you get the Millie from? Have you tried looking for bugs?

Move it around but give it about a week or so in each spot to settle... if you are moving it day by day and expecting instant change then you might as well just leave it where it is and hope it adapts.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i got it from a LFS down the road Aquarium masters.... i havn't seen any bugs, and i spend alot of time looking at/messing with this tank. I decided to just leave it where it is and it seems to be coming around, not 100% yet but the polyps are starting to eek out a little.
                  25g - Reef
                  3.5g - Surge Tank

Comment

Working...
                  X