cories in my fry tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cories in my fry tank

got 3 cories today for my 10g fry tank, they are about 1.5" ....i know cories should be in groups and i was asking if anyone knew how many i should have in my 10g...i really dont care how many i gotta have because the fry dont take up much space and the cories are cute lol i dont know what kind they are though...maybe pepper
    I make people happy

post a pic and I will tell you what they are. Also if they are paleatus (peppered) then 3 is fine.

also is your fry tank bare bottom?
    Life's to short to worry and too long to wait
    Its too short not to love everybody, and Life's too long to hate

Comment

yea, its bare bottom, im gettin a pic
      I make people happy

Comment

corydoras do not do well in bare bottom tanks. At least in my experience. if you put a .5 inch layer of PFS it wont affect the fry and it will help the corydoras.

Comment

whats wrong with a bare bottom? heres a pic

I make people happy

Comment

Im actually not sure what is wrong with barebottom , but I know my cats seem more active and "happy" with sand. not sure those are peppered. With the lateral stripes and the black over the eyes , they look more like parallelus or maybe c133. Where id you get them.

Comment

i got them from xtreme...they just got them in...

heres a better pic.

I make people happy

Comment

I am sticking with my two ideas, plus they could be loxozonus. Let them chill for a day or so and color up and then we can tell exactly which of the three.

Comment

sounds like a plan lol thanks bro
                  I make people happy

Comment

Gapzero sure knows his cories! :)

But you're right, Mark. They are irresistibly cute!
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I try. It is really hard cause not including aspidoras and scleromatyx, there are still 150 and still finding more. The meeting got me interested in cichlids though. So to supplement my Brichardi complex. I am getting some pundamilia nyererei, and a few other victorian cichlids from a wholesaler who buys my frogs. We are trading this time. I really like catfish, and they seem to go well in cichlid tanks. I am a nerd though, I would rather watch my tanks than TV or cuddle to aquarium light instead of a fire.
                      Last edited by Gapzero; 10-26-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I thought I was up on them about a year or two ago! That's like saying you are up on all the recent changes to cichlid scientific names, lol. Tomorrow it won't matter. :)

Comment

lol me too, i watch my tanks all day, im a loser lol
                          I make people happy

Comment

No joke, it is really amazing how much the names change. Most of my frogs names have been the same since the originally described. Except phyllodendrobates is now just dendrobates. I have some TFH from 2005, 2006, 2007, and alot of the names are different now. Plus remember of the 150+ corys some still are waiting taxonomic classification , and could turn out to be already described. Plus I am more interested in the catfish from drainage regions. Not so much the tributary fish. Also MZUNGU I am bringing you a cool cory to the auction. I got my Paleatus wild morph to breed, and now have 3 fry that are .75 inch. They have the perfect black bands across the back, which you cannot get at a LFS.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!
                              And congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X