PDA

View Full Version : fish keeping journal?

myjohnson
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
For some reason, I thought we had a fish keeping journal on one of those links found on the left hand side of the web page.

Did something happen to it?

I was going to use it today to enter into some logs but can't find it anymore.

thanks in advance for the help.

imagirlgeek
10-17-2009, 10:08 PM
I just removed the link. No one ever used it so I just took away the link to it. I'll put it back. One sec....

imagirlgeek
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Okay, refresh and you should see the link to 'Member Journals' on the left. We can call it something else if you want...

myjohnson
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I just removed the link. No one ever used it so I just took away the link to it. I'll put it back. One sec....

thanks traci.

I think a lot of people don't know some of the great things we have on this site. maybe a little design change to bring more attention to all the cool things we have.

Like the fish profile section. Just a little change and it's taking off.

But I don't really have any ideas to make the fish journal more noticeable. :eusa_think:

imagirlgeek
10-17-2009, 10:20 PM
I know....I just have limited real estate in the top menus. Everything the site does is in the menu on the left...

I think if the stuff is used, then a post is made about it...that'll make a little difference. :idongetit:

myjohnson
10-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Well, personally here is my issue.

Since I started my job, I can't remember when i do water changes, when my fishes start holding, how long I haven't cleaned my canisters, etc.

This is going to help me keep track of what I need to do to take care of my fishes.

Thanks for putting it back on for me!

You're the best Traci!

geoff_tropheus
10-17-2009, 10:38 PM
two words...

SPIRAL NOTEBOOK!

myjohnson
10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
lol, I'm high tech now geoff.

But honest, when i saw your note book that's what gave me the idea to do this.

geoff_tropheus
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Dude, nothing can refute data for the past 5 years...

It helps in sooooo many ways..

myjohnson
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
It does man. It's nice to be able to look back and see the things that happen.

Seems like two other people are using the log too!

I would hate for the BOX to have that journal function just got me.

geoff_tropheus
10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
The book is amazing..it helps...

I measure all my fish, keep track of all that die, sell, birth. etc...

I am a fish nerd!!!

myjohnson
10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Well, starting using the electronic journal on here!

geoff_tropheus
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
kick booty!!! psychokiller....

ssrprelude
10-18-2009, 10:58 PM
After my visit to Geoff's I started my own journal, except I made an Excel spread sheet. I'm alway on the computer while I'm doing wc's, I just add to the log then. Since my fish are really starting to breed now, it's kinda exciting, counting the days and staying on top of the wc's and cleaning.

newb
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I am a fish nerd!!!

:icon_super::icon_super::icon_super:

myjohnson
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
After my visit to Geoff's I started my own journal, except I made an Excel spread sheet. I'm alway on the computer while I'm doing wc's, I just add to the log then. Since my fish are really starting to breed now, it's kinda exciting, counting the days and staying on top of the wc's and cleaning.

Good to hear those fishes are taking off for you Jim! You might have the biggest colony of them soon.

I mostly need the journal to remember when and which canister I clean out. I have a tendency to not clean them often and forget which needs to be cleaned.

I use to write the date a fish starts holding on my tank but the journal on here works better. Plus I got three breeding groups and it's getting out of hand with what happened when.

Import your excel on to the journal. :D

OrandaMan
10-19-2009, 06:48 AM
You mentioned making them more prominent. What if there was a choice in the drop-down menu when you click on someone's name in a post to see their journal? (You know, it'd be really, really cool if it were called a log instead... make me feel like a ship captain :D )

By the way, about the fish and plant profiles: what if we had brand/product profiles/user reviews? We could make a real encyclopaedia here. :twisted:

geoff_tropheus
10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I use the log for everything. I write down everything I do, or sell, or buy.

myjohnson
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
So start using the journal so everyone can see what you do to be so successful at keep tropheus, DANGIT!

geoff_tropheus
10-19-2009, 02:27 PM
The journal here? cuz..I've been keeping my journal at the casa since like 2003..lots of success...

ok Thai I will let you copy... :)