harlequin rasboras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harlequin rasboras

Giving away six harlequin rasboras (a couple of them are of the lambchop variety - quiet, Nick). Nice color with one female full of eggs. Must pick up (near 290 and 610).

Reply here or PM. Whichever.
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Originally posted by OrandaMan View Post
    (a couple of them are of the lambchop variety - quiet, Nick).
    What do you mean by "lambchop variety?"
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The regular harlequin rasbora has the black triangle, of course. On lambchop harlequins, the bottom line is curved a little upwards and the top a little downwards, shaping it more like a lambchop. You have to really pay attention to notice it and that's the only difference.
      Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

Comment

Hey the harlequin rasbora is Trigonostigma heteromorpha, the lamb chopr rasbora is actually different it is Trigonostigma hengeli
        Life's to short to worry and too long to wait
        Its too short not to love everybody, and Life's too long to hate

Comment

Responded in the other thread.

Comment

They might not be Harlequin Rasboras. The name, "lambchop", is commonly used for Espe's Rasboras or Hengel's Rasboras. They are all excellent fish for a community tank and are easily confused for each other.

Harlequin Rasbora: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...uinRasbora.php

Espe's Rasbora: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...pesRasbora.php

Hengel's Rasbora: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...elsRasbora.php
            Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
            • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
            • 29g Planted - Journal
            • 29g Planted
            • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

From the pictures, I'm fairly certain they're all harlequins because they have the red tint. The other pictures don't show a red tint.

Comment

Actually, after looking over the Internet at heteromorphas, I'm a little more sure now that that's what they are. It appears that the imperfect triangle is more common than I thought.

Comment

Cool I forgot about espes I hardly ever see those.
                  Life's to short to worry and too long to wait
                  Its too short not to love everybody, and Life's too long to hate

Comment

PM sent.
                    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

I done went an' replied.

Comment

It gone!

Comment

Thank you again!
                          Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                          Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X