my visit to NEPCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my visit to NEPCO

just came home from this place and they have an amazing selection. i went there to get some black magma rock like what Complexity put in her 90g journal. great price at 30cents/lbs but then i saw the zebra boulders. not as cheap but really nice. i also picked up some lava rock boulders and smaller pieces. i got 20lbs of zebra and 36lbs of lava for under $30!

oh yea all the holey rock fans they have it at 40cents/lbs. not sure if thats cheap but just thought i would let yall know.

here is a pic. the noodles were not included in the purchase its for size comparison purposes ONLY

Last edited by Rico; 10-08-2009, 10:52 AM.
    fishless

i didnt do any research before buying but are these safe for my fish?
    fishless

Comment

Yes, those rocks will be great in your tank. Good choice! And completely safe. Just rinse 'em off, because they've been outside a while and could have stuff on them.

I wouldn't put the noodles in there, though...you just never know... )
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

good prices... Good price for holey rocks, no way you will find it for .40 a pound at fish stores.... Most people sale them for .80-1.00 a pound

Comment

what part of town is this rock yard in?
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Comment

south west. close to sugarland and stafford.
              fishless

Comment

NICE!!!
                i need to go to this place..
                FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                  Yes, those rocks will be great in your tank. Good choice! And completely safe. Just rinse 'em off, because they've been outside a while and could have stuff on them.

I wouldn't put the noodles in there, though...you just never know... )
                  but i would, make sure add some chili peppers too, jalapeno suppost to be really good in fall, i would also add some egg to it too... make one hell of good noodle soup...

Comment

i think this should be put into the fish related section, or even sticky for that site.... comes in very very handy, not a hard place to get to either... might have to go there and buy some stuff before i move to dallas...

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                      i didnt do any research before buying but are these safe for my fish?
                      dont u work at fr? or was i thinking about someone else

Comment

Love this place, the zebra rock caught my eye as well even though I did not buy any.
                        Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

did you notice if they had any of the "green canyon" rock available?
                          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

they had big pieces in the front
                            fishless

Comment

This place is amazing. I picked up close to 200 lbs od the Black Magma rock (Black Starlite granite) for a little over $60.00. The amount of Texas Holey Rock they have is unbelievable. The majority of it had nice size holes as well.
                              120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
                              180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X