Dwarf frog died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf frog died

Did I miss something on proper care for a dwarf frog? I followed the LFS directions to the letter.

Is there a link here?
    Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Sorry about the frog. :(

How long had you had him/her?

What LFS gave you directions? What were the directions?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
      Sorry about the frog. :(

How long had you had him/her?

What LFS gave you directions? What were the directions?
      I had the frog for about two weeks.

I am not out to make the LFS look bad. It is a reputable (fish specialty shop) and not a general pet store.

I have a community tank (see below) so I was to feed omega shrimp pellets and spectrum thera. I feed twice a day. About two shrimp pellets and maybe 8 tiny spectrum pellets. Based upon the feeding activity that seemed about right. I will admit that the banded loaches seem to be eating most of the food, but the cardinal tetras are so little I can't really tell if they are eating or not.

I do weekly water changes and based upon testing everything seems good with the water.

Maybe I just have terrible luck in getting healthy fish.
      Jarrod - Houston, Texas
      150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
      17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
      5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
      3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

I am thinking of getting some but doing them in a species only tank. I had an albino that didn't last long in a small tank with some tetra. I know they can be prone to overeating (fatally). I think that is how mine died, it had a red abscess bump thing on its stomach. They may also benefit from frozen food, even though they are suppose to be able to eat flake/pellets. Pellets expand and that could of hurt its stomach.

If it's been less than 2 weeks you can usually take it back to most LFS.

Comment

Working...
        X