my concerning visit to XFP today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my concerning visit to XFP today

so i went to take a look at xtreme fish and pets today and i was completely distraught when i walked in. i did not see one tank that didnt have diseased fish in it. the flowerhorns had ick, the discus had protozoan parasites, i saw africans with dropsy, dead albino oscar. gold nugget with fin rot, huge blk pacu with complete white eyes. its was UNBELIEVABLE considering i was there just last week and it all seemed fine. i literally didnt find a tank without a diseased fish it seemed like. i dont know whats happened but i think they have gotten behind in water changes. i wasnt gonna get anything but i thought if i didnt then next time i was back it would be worse. so i got a heckilli and when i got home i tested the water it was in from the store and its parameters were .25ppm ammonia, 0 nitrite, AND A WHOPPING 150+ nitrate....
    I make people happy

i noticed my post was moved to retailers feedback. i dont mean to bash XFB by any means. it is my favorite LFS i just didnt know what to think when i saw this....i hope they get it under control
    I make people happy

Comment

I moved it.

I just felt like it fit more in the Retailer Feedback forum rather than the diseases and disasters forum since you weren't asking for help solving a 'sick fish' problem.

You are entitled to your opinion...that's what this forum is here for.
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

never seen anything like this at XFP , really disappointing to hear this.
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

This is why I never put LFS water into my tanks....

Comment

Originally posted by aggrofishkeeper View Post
            this is why i never put lfs water into my tanks....

+1,000,000
            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

I was there about 2 days ago and saw the beginning of this I guess. the oscar was floating at the top barely breathing when I was there...sucks to see a really good store going through a ruff patch. I hope they clear this up and come back strong.
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

do they run a central system? that might be the problem
                fishless

Comment

I dont think so...

Comment

well as much as i would LOVE to believe this is a mishap i cant help but think its user error....my reason for this is because one day i was talking to him about trophs and his exact quote was "yea, i dont like them that much because you have to change the water like once a week"....that right there showed me that he doesnt change his water often at all considering ANY kind of fish should have a water change at least once a week IMO and i know NEWB does em twice a week for his trophs
                    I make people happy

Comment

i do it 3 times a week. im off on thursdays and sundays. i spend all morning doing water changes on 9 tanks. i also do it on mondays. i know i dont need to but its a routine now.
                      fishless

Comment

yep...buts that just me. I think Troung(if thats how you spell it) will come out of this ok. However I feel he definately see's fish as dollar signs and not as pets IMO. I still enjoy fish-chatting with him everytime I go in there though. Real cool dude.

Comment

oh yea, real awesome dude. but i just think he needs to brush up on his fish care.....im sure rico knows what it takes to care for a shop
                          I make people happy

Comment

shoot...when I worked at HAW we did water changes every day.

Comment

i didnt know you used to work there.....well i have a feeling XFP will learn the hard way with alot of loss in merchandise and business...hope they pull it together
                              I make people happy

Comment

Working...
                              X