algae prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• algae prob

my pond has been so cloudy this year. is there a way to keep the algae in control.

Cloudy as in green-water cloudy?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I think some shade might help...when I had algae problem in my tank...I just did a lot of water changes and kept the lights off for a few days. obviously you cant keep the sun "off", but you can block it with maybe a tall bush or tree or something.
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

If the water is cloudy with algae, you will need to get a UV light.
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
          Cloudy as in green-water cloudy?

yes

Comment

had 1 but it broke last year. That must the the prob. Never connected that.
            Originally posted by fishboyt View Post
            If the water is cloudy with algae, you will need to get a UV light.

Comment

shade will be an issue with the location of the pond, but you are right. need to work something out. thanks. The placos to a good job keeping the sides clean. To bad they dont suck algae out of the water

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
                my pond has been so cloudy this year. is there a way to keep the algae in control.
                Hornwort does a great job of keeping the green water at bey...
                I use a bit of it in all my outside guppy tubs, an they stay pretty clear.
                BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

I had green water for a month ,10 yr ago. "Higher" plants out -compete algae-- except hair algae, which the Koi eat (along with anything green).

Comment

I like the product called aquamats. You just toss them in the pond. Overtime microflora grows on the mats and they compete food supply that grows the algae and eventually the algae population fall off. I got mine from Nelsons Water gardens. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=7794

Comment

Working...
                    X