dwarf gourami - needs a little extra special care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwarf gourami - needs a little extra special care

I have a dwarf gourami that recently got himself stuck in a holey rock badly. After doing everything I could to get him out as gently as possible, I finally had to push him out forcefully from behind. Poor little guy is injured on top and bottom, but he's proving to be a fighter. I've been medicating his injuries with Neosporin ointment and so far there are no infections or disease that I can detect.

I hate to give the little guy up, but I have a German blue ram that's taking advantage of the gourami's weakened state to try to nip his fins. I watch for this as I can, but I can't always catch it. I don't have any way of separating them at the moment as the only place he might be safe is in my goldfish tank and I know that'd be a really bad idea.

He's a really great community fish and I'm fairly certain he'll pull through on his own if he can avoid harassment, so if anyone in the Houston area has a place for him, I'll bring him to you along with the Neosporin I've been treating him with.

I know this isn't a really great deal, but I'm hoping someone with room for him has enough sympathy and time to take him.

Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

He's a Gourami. He breathes air. He will do just fine in a 1 gal pickle jar (wallyworld plastic sweater box for less than $2) or an old mop bucket that's been cleaned really well.
    Just give him clean water changes once or twice a week and add an almond leaf or some anti-fungal meds as a precaution and he should recover.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to do just that.
      Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Working...
      X