Show Tank, Tank mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Tank, Tank mates

What from personal experiance have ya'll found to be the nicest fish to keep as tank mates to male guppies as i will be setting up a show tank at my school with the future offspring of the fancy guppies i will be breeding?

First of all, what do you mean by "nicest?" Do you mean prettiest, or do you mean least aggressive?

Second, what size will the tank be?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

i think if you add other fish it might take the view of the guppies aways from them i think if you do add you should add smaller fish than guppies ive seen some at fish ranch II forgot the name though but they looked like baby guppies and stayed small i think it was micro something but not to sure. sorry wish could be of better help with that name. cardinals stay about the same size of guppies.

Comment

i mean prettiest and its a 20 gallon tank

Comment

The problem you have with the male guppies is you have to be careful what you put in there as most will nip the flowing fins of the guppies.

You could just get a variety of colors and that alone should be impressive. I have seen quite a few scapes with only male guppies and it pulled it off well.

The small fish JG is talkin about I think is MicroRasboras... Merculatas, Merah, etc. those are small and nice but honestly won't even be noticed in a tank of male guppies.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well i do keep my guppies with cory cats, albino or peperred corys.

Comment

i now got some peppered cory cats and green neon tetras just waiting for the guppies now

Comment

we now have guppies thanks to mr villa :) they are being introduced to the breeding tank tomorrow morning :)

Comment

Oddly, the betta in a community tank has become best friends with a guppy whose tailfin is the same color as the betta. This is probably a very strange occurence and probably shouldn't be tried.
                  Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

yea oranda that doesnt seem like the safest experiment :)

Comment

Originally posted by kmehlhorn View Post
                      What from personal experiance have ya'll found to be the nicest fish to keep as tank mates to male guppies as i will be setting up a show tank at my school with the future offspring of the fancy guppies i will be breeding?
                      Limia perugiae

I have a lot,I just love em!!!!
                      10g Community Planted Aquarium
                      10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                      55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                      20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                      20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                      YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Working...
                      X