Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing a tank

Hi All,

I received an old 29g from a friend. It's in ok shape and seems to be holding water, seals appear intact. I'll let it sit full of water outside for a few days to be sure. I don't see any scratches yet.

The trim is a little weird. It's beige instead of black and the top trim is not attached. My ideas are:

Completely removing the top and bottom trim but I'm worried about the structural integrity of the tank.
    Re-trimming the top and bottom of the tank with 1" stainless steel tape, which I have yet to figure out how to attach.

What do you guys think? What else should I be checking? Should I just reseal the tank?
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

you dont need the rims. Just make sure if you take off the bottom rim you need to place the tank on a soft surface, glass should not be in contact with a hard surface

Comment

I'm going to drop it on top of a sheet of styrofoam cut to the exact footprint of the tank.

Comment

You can cover the trim with paint or contact paper.
        Use the tank as is. When you get to the point where the pretty tank is more important than the fish inside then Get something big enough to justify your hard work, Or Buy new.
        You can always use this one for a hospital or breeding tank.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Contact paper huh...great idea!

Comment

Working...
          X