What'd you grab at the auction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What'd you grab at the auction?

I had a great time, though I didn't stay long. I left with a nice pair of Taiwan reefs. This was my first auction, and I deffinately look forward to going to the future ones!

Here's some pics of the taiwans

And this guy I bought about a week ago from Aquazoo

Last edited by aquashelle; 09-13-2009, 06:37 PM.
    Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

I too had to leave earlier than I wanted too....It was nice seeing all of you guys again....

I got me some nerite snails...and a nice w/c bristlenose...and a pair of tangs that I have been looking at....Labiochromis Travassee or something like that....

It was nice having it at the OMNI too....thanks to all....Charles, David, Nancy, Treston, Brian, Randall, Nick....and many more.....it was fun.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Dang good auction...lots of nice deals. All I purchased was some Dainichi Veggie FX for only $14.00!!! Would have staid and got the other bags there, but my girlfriend was getting hungry.
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

I got 18 marbled crawfish, 9 different strains of gupies, 2 pink water lillies, 1 blue water lilly, 1 anubias nana and baby tears on driftwood.
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Those are some good looking fish!!

The Auction is always a lot of fun for me, as long as I am not selling anything...lol...
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
            Those are some good looking fish!!

The Auction is always a lot of fun for me, as long as I am not selling anything...lol...
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

OMG, I made a killing on the silent auction table. Came come with turtle supplies, canned fish/reptile foods, power heads, filters, filter media, snails, dwarf cichlids, goodieds, killifish, shell dwellers, a mini tank, and some items for my coworkers. Great to see everyone including, Charles, Marion, Dave, Prosper, Shannon, Nancy, Randall, Frank, Gabby, Klaudia, Jay (Pillowface), Treston, Steve, Loretta, Matthew, Tony, Tim,Brian, Rico, Glenn and family, and anyone I have missed.
              Things that I found very interesting:
              1. Two male cichlids sold as a "pair".)
              2. Chimba trophs with no F# on the bag!

Had a great time and thanks everyone involved. I will post pics shortly.
              Last edited by Nickintex; 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM.
              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

so you picked up the tropheus right?
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Pics here:
                  HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Actually, they went more for what I was willing to pay for them, Myjohnson.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

I picked up some Glo fish and Angels for the wife. I actually only got an anubias and some fry food. Sonja spent more than me and she wasnt even there wtf. She sent me with a shopping list.
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I wasn't really looking to buy....but I picked up a Tateurndina ocellicauda, some Xystichromis phytophagus, some Chromidotilapia guentheri, some Steatocranus tinanti, a Kryptolebias marmoratus, enough methylene blue to hatch angel eggs until my demise, and a few other odds and ends items. This auction probably had the most variety of any I've ever been to.
                      Charles Jones
                      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Nice seeing you on here bro

Comment

Got some nice angels. I should have maybe waited and bidded on the ghost veils that the breeder donated, those things were awesome looking. Whoever won those for $23 got a steal. But I can't complain, cause I got some good looking fish.

Comment

I got some nice looking guppies and a bag of incredibly adorable baby marble angelfish, as well as a couple of silent auction items.

Terry

Comment

I got a nice steel double 36" stand for my 30g long and 40 tall. I got a fantastic piece of wood.... don't know how I'm going to sink it. Got a Flourescent retro fit kit that will soon become a tester for all my flourescent fixtures that are not 100%. Got some water conditioners and magic blue chrystals, some black water extract and plant food. Even some older fish Zines.

Oh, and I bought a few fish too
                              I was verry responsible at the auction. I usually leave with manny mannny mannnny bags of $1 fish but this time was different. Noone brought convicts or chiclid hybreds. . But we had a fantastic selection of Angelfish and guppies and exotic livebearers.
                              Last edited by PhishPhreek; 09-14-2009, 07:49 PM.
                              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                              X