Pic of Assassin Snail Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of Assassin Snail Egg

Finally saw some in the tank and snapped off a shot. Just sharin'.

Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Cool I am seeing more and more baby Assassins and some are about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the adults.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

very cool!
      I make people happy

Comment

Beautiful picture!
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

if you get a chance, I'd like to see what they look like in a couple weeks from now..

thanks for sharing...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I've read that the gestation period is around 60 days, so I'm thinking I might set up a little 10 gallon (smallest empty tank I've got) and move the plant the eggs are on into it. That way I can keep an eye on them and know that they aren't being messed with by fish.

I just set a reminder on my calendar to get another shot in a couple of weeks.
            Our Fishhouse

Comment

nice pics, thats pretty cool.
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                I've read that the gestation period is around 60 days, so I'm thinking I might set up a little 10 gallon (smallest empty tank I've got) and move the plant the eggs are on into it. That way I can keep an eye on them and know that they aren't being messed with by fish.

I just set a reminder on my calendar to get another shot in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck with your new plans for the snail eggs, it could be fun watching their progress.....

Thanks

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

those are so cool....it would appear that they are all contained in their own little zip loc baggie sort of.....

i'm anxious to see their progress

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady View Post
                    those are so cool....it would appear that they are all contained in their own little zip loc baggie sort of.....

i'm anxious to see their progress
                    Right?? I was thinking they look like little transparent raviolis. )
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

I want some...hopefully I can get some next weekend!
                      BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Originally posted by lilmissruffcountry View Post
                        I want some...hopefully I can get some next weekend!
                        Do you already have a handle on someone to get them from? If not, I have some.
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                          Do you already have a handle on someone to get them from? If not, I have some.
                          I was going to get some from tim, but I don't know how many he has....I have a BAD snail issue in some of my guppy tanks...so I need a bunch, I have snails in 2 40's, 55, 70,75, an a bunch of the 20's have snails that need to be GONE...is why I was asking if anyone needed puffer food, as they are the common pond snail, an I guess those are the best for puffers I was told. So yes, if you can spare a few of the assasins, I would love to get some from you too, so I don't take all tims.
                          BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Sounds good!
                            Our Fishhouse

Comment

I have had them breeding in my 75. The baby snails are tiny! I can't always tell out of the batches of hatching babies, which ones are assasins until they get to be a little bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X