PDA

View Full Version : Used equipment market value

danielp
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
So I just did my 1st sell to move some used equipment. Went pretty good had multiple request for each item. Yea I think I priced it kind of low but I've had my enjoyment with it and it needed to go.

Being a regular forum surfer there is always something for sale. Some stuff moves some stuff doesn't.

What the scoop? Is there a standard fair market value type thing? Cost per gallon? Products that are more desirable than others etc etc. :eusa_think:

Let's hear some opinions.:write:

Delock
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Depends on what you have for sale and who dong the sale.

stevenallenbarnard
09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Rules of the free market say that anything is worth what someone else will pay for it.
As far as price per gallon, I know that $1/gal. tends to be the standard for used tanks, although if you have stand/canopy/lights/filtration/ etc. then the value is completely between you and any perspective buyers.

Nickintex
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
My 69 cents. I would suggest not sell something for the same or greater price as new one. It just does not make sense to me, but I see it all the time.:eusa_doh:

geoff_tropheus
09-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I think depending on the age and condition of the equipment, as long as it is complete 50-75% of the new price is fair.

bottom line is simply what is fair and right to you.

wvgdiscus
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
If one is willing to pay the asking price then its fair.

Nickintex
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
If one is willing to pay the asking price then its fair.
Yeah, until you find the same item NEW IN THE BOX at City Pets or HAW for less than what you just paid. :icon_hang: