PDA

View Full Version : I need a betta!

Delock
08-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes, I need a betta for a friend son. They went to pet smart on 3 occasions and ended up with the same results.

DEATH

So after sending here the "correct" info on how to care for a betta ..I was wondering if anyone here would like to donate one! It's not for me it's for the kid!!!!

JStrider
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
sure the fact that they were petsmart bettas was the reason they died?

PhishPhreek
08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Be happy to donate one or two, the problem is location.
Know anyone that is heading for TexasCity or Galveston any time soon ?

I plan on having a few on display at the FOTAS convention if we can't get together sooner.

OrandaMan
08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
PhishPhreek: First of all, let me say I've been sharing your awesome signature with people. Hope you don't mind. Secondly, I plan to eventually get a really nice 5 gallon betta tank I saw at the Fish Gallery and when I do, I'd like to get a third betta (I'm really loving the little guys). Maybe even a female to attempt breeding when I feel confident enough to do so. If you could show me examples of what you have and give me suggestions on what would be good to breed with a red or a tricolor, I'd be happy to pay for one.

Don't mean to threadjack. I actually had a response for you, Delock, but the lack of sleep is making me forget things pretty easily.

PhishPhreek
08-29-2009, 01:38 PM
PhishPhreek: First of all, let me say I've been sharing your awesome signature with people. Hope you don't mind. Secondly, I plan to eventually get a really nice 5 gallon betta tank I saw at the Fish Gallery and when I do, I'd like to get a third betta (I'm really loving the little guys). Maybe even a female to attempt breeding when I feel confident enough to do so. If you could show me examples of what you have and give me suggestions on what would be good to breed with a red or a tricolor, I'd be happy to pay for one.

Don't mean to threadjack. I actually had a response for you, Delock, but the lack of sleep is making me forget things pretty easily.

Personally, I like the little plastic 2g critter keepers for a single betta.
http://www.tomaquarium.com/category.php?cat=27
My web site is http://texascitybettas.com/ you can find pretty pictures of bettas and helpful tips on care & breeding