Micropoecilia?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micropoecilia?!

Oh my goodness! How did I not know about this genus until about 30 minutes ago?! They're adorable! They're making me rethink my "ban" on livebearers... :)

Anyone keep any of these? Evidently there are many species of them!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

yup,them picta are nice.i think the clapsaddles were working with them a while back.dont hear from them much any more.the others you probably only get thru ala members.ban on livebearers=wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
      ban on livebearers=wrong.
      I know. But I only have so much space in my tiny apartment, so I can't deal with the constant reproduction right now. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
        I know. But I only have so much space in my tiny apartment, so I can't deal with the constant reproduction right now. :(
        contstant production = healthy live food
        just kidding, i could not do that to any of my babies, even though I am having a huge dalmation lyretail molly explosion
        Last edited by cms6175; 08-19-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: added to post
        Soon to have tanks up and going again!

Comment

Please don't get too excieted guys Micropoecilia is the new name for Poecilia.
          Ergo - guppies -! Blame the lumpers and the splitters for the name changes. They are interesting and do not require a huge tank but don't expect a great intrest at auctions or pet stores - they call them feeder guppies.

I have kept M. picta that I collected from a ditch behind my hotel in Paramaribo. Surinam. They were the most colorful of the ones that I have seen since. Too bad the last freeze killed all my stuff a few years back, I still trying to collect new ones. M. bifurcata is also found in Surinam but I never found it.

M. minima has an intresting thread like extension on the dorsal fin but looks like the Endlers from South America.
          sigpic
          No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise” Lewis Caroll
          AKA, SAA, NANFA, TAKO, HAS, AKA, BKA, ALA, BLA
          LIVEBEARERS, SOUTH AMERICAN ANNUALS, NATIVE KILLIES
          AND MOUTHBROODERS ANY TYPE.
          NEEDED OLD TYPE EGYPTIAN MOUTHBROODER
          MALES WERE BLACK IN COLOR

Comment

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I was wondering why I had never heard of them!

Comment

Working...
            X