How exciting/cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exciting/cool

I'll start out by offering my apology up front for not having any pictures for you all, but I do want to say thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have been watching my chimba tank pretty closely lately, because there are several females that I suspect have been holding fry....

Well, you may recall, about 2 weeks or so ago, I posted about finally having spotted some chimba fry and that I was concerned that maybe they might not make it due to the number of hungry mouths that share the tank with them, like the peticola cats and the jumbo cyps and a couple of large roseline sharks.....

Well, I am happy to report, not only did most of the original group of fry seem to have made it, but now it seems that there might be as many as four different groups or broods in the tank with them.... I can see at least 4 seperate sizes/groups of chimba fry in the tank now.

I've tried numerous times to get some pictures for you all, but alas, with the black substrate and the inadequate experience with the digi cam, I've been reluctant to post any of the pictures I've managed to capture them on....

Suffice it to say, they are doing well, and maybe in september or so, I might be able to offer a couple dozen juvi's to my fellow box members...

NEWB.....your fry are not here at my house, they are being raised in our baby tank at Loretta's....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Congrats CF!!

Comment

Congratulations Steve

Comment

those arent my fry...those are yours!!! raise them as you may! Congrats on the good news. I have two females holding for me now as well. Go Chimba!!!
        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Well, you know what I meant, the ones I got from you....those I will keep, to mix the blood lines with mine and Loretta's...

thanks again...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

sure thing friend.
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Congrats!
              300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Working...
              X