Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before they come out from hiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before they come out from hiding?

ok..i got a pair of convicts like 2 days ago and was wondering how long does it usually take for them to start coming out from hiding. they like to hide behind this pot i have in the tank. anything i can do to make them feel more comfortable?

Maybe they're TOO comfortable... It IS a pair of convicts, after all.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

lol..the female is hiding in the pvc pipe now, away from the male. :\ i WISH they mated lol. female in pvc and male in broken pot. *i just broke it because he hid behind it and now i can see him better lol.

Comment

are they the only 2 fish in the tank? sometimes it takes a few days to a week for new fish to get comfortable.
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

yeah only 2. alright thanks thats what i was asking =D the male is kinda being aggressive to the female though.

Comment

Originally posted by muuunkeeyy View Post
            the male is kinda being aggressive to the female though.
            well....they are convicts ....very aggressive, especially when breeding, to any other fish.
            25g - Reef
            3.5g - Surge Tank
            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

You're going to have a 1 billion Convict populated tank soon.

Comment

throw some red blue colombian tetras in. we got alot of them at the store.
                fishless

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post

+1

dither fish will make them feel much more comfortable and will allow them to take their aggression out on others besides themselves.
                  FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

are neon tetras fine? i got like 6 sittin in a small tank around my house somewhere. lol and i was wondering if the light colors of my convicts were because they arent used to the tank. will they get darker as they get more comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by muuunkeeyy View Post
                      are neon tetras fine? i got like 6 sittin in a small tank around my house somewhere. lol and i was wondering if the light colors of my convicts were because they arent used to the tank. will they get darker as they get more comfortable?
                      no dont put neons in there unless you just want to see the aquarium version of gladiator.....stick to bulky dithers.....big tetras or big barbs
                      HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

oh lol. i guess neons are quite small compared to red blue colombians

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                          If these are the fish I'm thinking of, they are beautiful! I'd love to have some for my own tanks!

Can tetras and barbs do okay with convicts? I thought the convicts would be too aggressive, even for large tetras and barbs?
                          Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                          • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                          • 29g Planted - Journal
                          • 29g Planted
                          • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Oh, if large barbs could work out, then consider torpedo barbs (aka roseline sharks, red line sharks, Puntius denisonii). I have 8 in my 75g planted tank, and they make for great dither fish! Very large, very active (without being hyper), absolutely not aggressive, and they can move fast which might help them to get out of the way of aggressive fish. The only drawback is they aren't cheap. But it doesn't take many of them to fill a tank.
                            Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                            • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                            • 29g Planted - Journal
                            • 29g Planted
                            • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by Complexity View Post
                              If these are the fish I'm thinking of, they are beautiful! I'd love to have some for my own tanks!

Can tetras and barbs do okay with convicts? I thought the convicts would be too aggressive, even for large tetras and barbs?
                              some can handle them. I use tinfoil barbs alot.

munkey if you are interested i have some decent sized ones you could throw in there. they get big tho but are good with cichlids. i got about 10 i want to sell. 5 for $10. they are bigger than your convicts and super fast.
                              fishless

Comment

Working...
                              X