Gold Gourami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Gourami

I had this gold gourami that I had rescued from a 10g turtle tank a couple years ago. the turtle tank had about 3inches of water, but there was also a sandy slope taking up about half of the bottom. I convinced my friend to trade me some "plants" for the gourami and I took him home and put him in my 58g malawi cichlid tank. Believe it or not it he actually thrived in the cichlid tank. Even AFTER Ike when I had my huge die off he lived. and when I restocked the tank he got out there and mixed it up w/ the gold tinfoil barbs, chasing them around and pretty much running the show. He never hid or anything like that. When I sold my 58g I gave the gourami to my dad who put it in a 46g bowfront with platties, rasboras, danios and kuhli loaches. While he's grown considerably since putting him in my dads tank, he does hide all the time now. When I got him he was about 2.5-3" and in the year or so I had him he grew to abou 4". He's grown to probably 5-5.5" now, but like I said, he hides behind the plants now, doesn't swim around near as much, but he eats healthily and he's HUGE. should i be concerned, does he need a mate or something?
    ‎Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Does he seem stressed, or nervous? Does he react oddly when someone walks by the tank? Is this when he hides, or does he hide even when no one is near the tank?

Were there places to hide in your tank he was in before he got to your dad's tank?

I could just be that now that he has places to hide and lurk, he chooses to do so.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

no signs of stress. he has good coloration and he's always first when food hits the water. it's just a 180 from how he behaved in any of my tanks.
      ‎Haiku's are easy
      But sometimes they don't make sense
      Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
      X