DIY Co2 Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Co2 Tank

Can anyone tell me how to build a Co2 tank? I've tried it before, but it never works. :(

Thanks!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZFM9...eature=related
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post

No, I haven't. Thanks!

Comment

Just made one last night.

I used 2 cups sugar, 1/4 bread yeast from kroger.

Mix the yeast in a little bit of warm water and sugar first in a separate bowl. Mix it vigorously (let is sit 10 minutes and mix occasionally). Set up you bottle like in the video. Add warm water and sugar to the bottle, shake well. Then add in the yeast mixture, shake well.

Mine started reacting in 4 hours form setup.

So the reactor check out the threat i started for a pretty good reactor, like i said mine is slightly different because i used a table top fountain pump but same concept.

total cost for everything was $3 for the yeast, as i had everything else.

Comment

Also make sure your water is not HOT, just warm

Comment

How can I make a diffuser?

Comment

youtube "diy co2 reactor aquarium"

you will get good ideas on how to make one

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Water should be hot to mix with sugar, but cool it down before you mix it with the yeast. Too hot and it kills the yeast, and it won't produce CO2.
                  My fish have Names.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboyt View Post
                    How can I make a diffuser?
                    for what size of tank?? if its not too big and depends on how many bottle of diy co2 your doing, you can get one of those elite mini filter and just hook ur co2 into that, it did wonderful job for my 34
                    Last edited by mahoro; 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mahoro View Post
                      for what size of tank?? if its not too bad and dpends on how many bottle of diy co2 your doing, you can get one of those elite mini filter and just hook ur co2 into that, it did wonderful job for my 34

I need one for a 55, one for a 29 and one for a 20. How much are the Elites?

Comment

10 bucks for the elite mini, but you don't have to use that brand, any internal mini filter will do, and most cost betweet 8 - 12 bucks (cheaper then most diy reactor unless you got the stuff for free and takes less space too, just take out all the sticker on it and its just all black)... will work great in the 2 smaller ones... you should head over to plantedtank.net for diy stuff...
                        if you got a power head you can also do this for the 29 and the 55 http://www.flickr.com/photos/jim_and...ra/2346801986/
                        i did that for the 34 before i give upon co2... 2 will work great in a 55 imo...

Comment

oh dont forget to hook it to a bubble counter before you hook the diy co2 into ur tank, sometime the diy co2 leaks out from the bottle to the tubing, and might get into ur tank

Comment

you know what, i got some stuff i can give to you (a bottle or 2 of NOSS or NO FEAR would be nice tho) http://www.petguys.com/-015561176900.html i got that minus their mix (all it is yeast and you add sugar... cheaper to do it ur self) and the tubing, i threw that away long ago... the ladder works great in my 20, the bottle it came with was too small, so what i did was hook a bigger bottle of diy co2 to it... so let me know if you want it, just call me and same time tomorrow(sat) i can give it to you

Comment

what i did was put the CO2 tubing into the filter intake and the impeller does the rest, its a preety good alternative except that it can make some filters noisy. ill try to post some pics of mine later
                              And it begins...

Comment

Working...
                              X