Umbees: some fry and a new batch of eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbees: some fry and a new batch of eggs

I thought they ate the wrigglers as the female wasnt secretive, super aggro, and blazed up.... I got back from a business trip to see a small cloud of fry and the four tinfoils pounded on...

Siphoned about a dozen out to grow up and left the rest in the tank.

They lasted a few days and I came home to this yesterday!

Here are the babies-

Here is another batch of eggs-and some aggro parents:

What an nice surprise to come home to!

Do you have full tank shots of your tank? The little I could see looks quite interesting. I'd like to see how the stump roots (or whatever that is) are incorporated into the overall design.
    Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
    • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
    • 29g Planted - Journal
    • 29g Planted
    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Thanks-its a DIY concrete background that I build 4 years ago. Holding up pretty well. Here are a couple of shots-one of this tank....one when it was a hi-tech planted tank...
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, very beautiful! In all ways. Beautiful cabinet and tank designs.

I'm picking up a new 90g this Friday, and I'm debating on whether to try a DIY background or not. I didn't think it mattered with a planted tank since the plants cover the background so much anyway, but a cichlid tank is very different. My only fear is getting in over my head.

Yours really turned out very nicely. And it seems your fish agree!
        Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Here is what I followed-leave out the spray foam. The concrete doesnt stick well to it-

Here is what mine looked like while it was curing.....and a few other tanks that I did.

Honestly-Im a bit tired of my background. I wanted to put some rift lake fish in this 180 (Cteno. horei and Lobo. labiatus) and they would look silly in this tank with the stump. If you do it-(its not that hard....really) just make the background. Dont do a crazy stump or anything.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the link and pictures. I've looked at the instructions for doing them what seems to be a hundred times, but I chicken out in the end.

I really like your backgrounds! I can understand growing tired of the stump. It's not whether it looks good, because it does, but if you grow tired of that look, it's hard to change it up with the stump being so dominate. Still, I like yours better than most. You do good work!
            Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
            • 29g Planted
            • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

I'm still interested in some of your fry...

Comment

Originally posted by SOULJAA View Post
                I'm still interested in some of your fry...
                Good news...
                I'm still interested in selling some fry when they are shipping size.

Comment

excellent job!!
                  HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X