Fish Mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Mart

I had a really good experience at Fish Mart on 59 @ Tidwell today.
    I had seen this place a bunch of times, but never stopped until today. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the store and the helpfulness of the staff. They did not have a great selection of cichlids, but what they have is all very healthy. Most of the prices were reasonable. I ended up buying 2 albino Bristlenose plecos, 1 common pleco, 2 albino cories , and 4 kuhli loaches. The clerk told me that they have sales every Saturday. They had a great selection of Guppies, Mollies, and Swordtails as well. Overall I think it's a pretty good store, I will definetly go back.

Fish Mart
    9326 Eastex Freeway
    Houston, Tx 77093
    713-697-7388
    Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
    125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
    90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
    55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
    55g peacock pair
    45g Fry tank
    12g Hospital Tank
    75g Coming soon....Geos?

glad you had a good experiance. i've only been there once and i was ignored the whole time i was there. the place was clean but i seen some unhealthy flowerhorns.
    fishless

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
      glad you had a good experiance. i've only been there once and i was ignored the whole time i was there. the place was clean but i seen some unhealthy flowerhorns.
      I couldn't disagree more...everything I saw was healthy and I was just in there last weekend. All their plants are pearling and they have nice red rubins and ozelot swords. I have a few in my tank now that I bought months ago and they are growing like crazy.

The lady is very nice and likes to talk fish and plants. I recently suggested they start to carry some ADA products like Amazonia and I think they are going to look into it. The middle aged guy is a little shy and doesn't talk very much but he is friendly. All you need to do if you are feeling "ignored" is just ask for help.
      15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

maybe they were just having a bad day but that was my experiance. i went there about 5 months ago. when i was there they had some flowerhorns that looked sick and kind of deformed. not all their fish just the flowerhorns. thats not uncommon as they are hybrids and inbred. the store was nice and clean but the only one who even looked at me that day was the dog. i tried to go back one day on my way to humble but i didnt know they closed early.
        fishless

Comment

+1 This is a nice LFS. Always good to see a clean store & friendly staff

Comment

did they have any angels, rams, or other dwarfs?
            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

and what was their plant selection like, pretty extensive?
              FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

They have some nice angels, but dont carry the dwarf cichlids...which is unfortunate as I love the little buggers and that store is fairly close to me.

The plants need to be reordered...I think they have a few red rubins they can pull for you from a nice display tank, but they only have one plant tank with plants for sale all in it...and it usually has vals, red rubins, ozelots, and a few others I dont remember. I just liked the ozelots and rubins.
                15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

Working...
                X