fish food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish food

Was enjoying some boiled shrimp last night ($2.95/#) at the corner seafood shop and I thought to myself
    "Self - this would make a rather inexpensive food for my fishes!"
    So I pealed one and tossed it in the tank and a few pecked on in but it didn't go over as well as I expected..........
    "Ah Haa" I thought "BLENDER!"
    So I grabbed up a few of the smaller ones that I had left till last and an extra head or two and hit zap - not much happened and then I added a little water and hit FRAPPPPAY and cloudy water appeared. Next time a little less frapping is in order.

The end result went over big. The cloudy water went into the fry tanks and they proceeded to filter feed.
    The chunks went into my adult tanks and they all proceeded to grab a chunk and take it to a private place where they could work on it without being robbed.

This morning the whole shrimp is still on the bottom of the tank but a dozen fish are taking turns swimming by and removing a small chunk.....

I now have a vacation feeder !
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

I don't think this is going to be a good idea.

1. If the shrimp was boiled with some kind of seasoning, that might spoil your water and contanimate your tank

2. If you leave the shrimp in there for more that a day, it will turn your water murky.

Comment

LOL...I used to do that with some of those little cocktail shrimp..I had a oscar that would jump out the water bout 8 inches for a shrimp.
      BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

That's a good point... who wants spicy bettas?

next time I'll rinse before I frap.

I always overfeed, thats why I have so many CAKS
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
          That's a good point... who wants spicy bettas?

next time I'll rinse before I frap.

I always overfeed, thats why I have so many CAKS

Spicy bettas!
          Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Working...
          X