Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chimbas

Well,

it's been close to 6 months now, since fishlady gave me some of her older juvies from her colony of Red Chimbas and tonight I finally seen some new kids in the rocks....

I will try to catch them out in the open, (just like the Petricola's) and get a few pictures to share with you all soon.

So far I seen two of the little guys while doing a water change late Wenesday evening, and just a while ago, I believe I saw a third....

The small group of petricola cats I have are showing alot of interest in the same rock where the fry is hiding, go figure....

I'll update soon...

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

First, congrats.

Second, why keep the cats in there with them I wonder?

Chimba is one of the better looking sp. red to me. Nice fishes.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

First .....thanks... :)

Second....I like the petricolas as much as I do the Chimbas.....I have maybe 20 of them in three different tanks.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I know you are not asking for advice but I felt the need to say it anyways...

maybe you should put them 20 cats in the two other tanks.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Easier said then done at this point....but no worries mate....I don't mind the feedback......it's all good...

CF

Comment

congrats steve!!! im hoping mine will bring lots of babies as well.
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

just let them settle in and don't move them around a lot and they should breed for you.

How is the big petro treating them?
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

...you talking to me? ...if so, he isnt beating anybody up. to be honest, there is a big male chimba that punks the petro every once in a while!!! something weird though...I have a couple of chimba's that will do the mating dance thing and if the petro is near them when it is happening...he will begin to lay on his side and flutter as well, as if he is trying intice as well?

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                  ...you talking to me?

Yes sir, I'm talking to you.

...if so, he isnt beating anybody up. to be honest, there is a big male chimba that punks the petro every once in a while!!!

yeah same thing happen to me. People wouldn't believe but my old 60+ colony of ilangi use to gang up on my moshi.

something weird though...I have a couple of chimba's that will do the mating dance thing and if the petro is near them when it is happening...he will begin to lay on his side and flutter as well, as if he is trying intice as well?

Never seen it done like that by a petro but don't see why it wouldn't happen. The fishes, for the most part, are living off instinct.
                  If you seeing the shake and bake....females will be holding soon. How long have the entire group been together? All WC? All breeding size?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

20 WC and 8 F1. the 20 have been together for a while I believe. I got those from oldgeezer and he had gotten fry out of them about 4 times I think he said. I have two of the fry in the tank with them. When I put them in the tank that day...one female spit eggs with tails in the tank, but I gots no tumbler so they died. the other 8 I just added about a week ago. I think everybody except the two fry and about 3 more are of breeding size.

Comment

didnt mean to overhaul your thread here steve...

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                        20 WC and 8 F1. the 20 have been together for a while I believe. I got those from oldgeezer and he had gotten fry out of them about 4 times I think he said. I have two of the fry in the tank with them. When I put them in the tank that day...one female spit eggs with tails in the tank, but I gots no tumbler so they died. the other 8 I just added about a week ago. I think everybody except the two fry and about 3 more are of breeding size.
                        Sounds like a good size colony. Good luck with them!
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

congratulations.......i'm so proud of my kids right now.....)......

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KUDpc04r_QM...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KUDpc04r_QM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

here's a cigar of celebration..........

Comment

Congrats Steve.

Newb you post jacker. j/k
                            Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I watched some of the new kids for a while tonight, they seem to be a bit more active than last night....I have seen two together several times, but never more than two at one time.

I have noticed a size difference too, maybe there was more than one momma holding at the same time???

At one point, I saw one little guy with a tiny piece of theraA being chased around by a slightly larger sibbling, trying to get the food away from him.

The petricolas are still very active in their area, but I'm guessing there will be a few who will make it out of this bunch of fry...we'll see.

CF

Comment

Working...
                              X