fire belly newts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire belly newts?

i know these arent fish but maybe someone can help me. i was wondering if anyone on here had fire belly newts that would be able to tell me how to get this particular one to eat. it hasnt been eating for a couple of days now and has been refusing what i give it. ._. why do they always never eat. (i can practically see its hip bone)

Have you tried different foods? I had one for years and I never had a problem with him. How is his water quality?
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

ok..lol i barely set up the 10 gallon today, but he wasnt eating in the 2.5 gallon either. hasnt eaten since i got him, which was about 3days? ive tried reptomin, dried bloodworms, frozen bloodworms, and fish flakes.. not sure whats wrong, the reptile petstore guy told me they should eat bloodworms.

Comment

i heard they are prone to parasite that might kill em and they wont eat if they got it. =(

Comment

we feed the ones over at fish ranch blood worms.
          fishless

Comment

my newt just died today and i went to fish ranch ii for 5 more lol. 5 for $20, cant pass up that deal. and they are super active!! =D eats well too.

Comment

Try night crawlers. You can get them in the sporting section at Walmart.
              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

i think the newt that i had before was just unhealthy, these ones i got from fishranch ii eat like pigs lol.

Comment

Just a word of warning to anyone who owns a FBN. They are fatally toxic to dogs and cats if consumed, and there is no antidote. These salamanders contain the same toxins as puffers, so if you have furry friends in the house, keep a tight lid on these guys to avoid any tragedies.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                    Just a word of warning to anyone who owns a FBN. They are fatally toxic to dogs and cats if consumed, and there is no antidote. These salamanders contain the same toxins as puffers, so if you have furry friends in the house, keep a tight lid on these guys to avoid any tragedies.
                    These guys are also escape artists, so make sure the lid is extra tight.
                    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                      Damn... so i should stop licking them?
                      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99 View Post
                        Damn... so i should stop licking them?

Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboyt View Post
                          Don't swallow them with beer or anything else for that matter.
                          Last edited by Nickintex; 07-02-2009, 06:14 PM.
                          PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

hey guys, im lookin to buy another fire belly newt. apparently fish ranch doesnt carry fire belly newts anymore. unlimited seems to not have them the last time i checked a few months ago. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some for a good price? (under $10)

Comment

Working...
                            X