Betta channoides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta channoides

I set up a new tank, and everytime i look at it it basically screams wild betta. I'm not really very informed in bettas because i never really took interest till now. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, i was considering Betta channoides but am considering other options. anyone know where to get these guys? I'm looking for a pair and they will be kept in a 5.5. i know about the betta convention, but i can't go all the way to dallas.

thanks in advanced

hey phishphrk, we got another one for ya......
    ‎Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Comment

I've been keeping wilds for years in a 5.5.
      In a 5.5 you should be able to keep most wilds except B. Macrostoma & Simorum which can get pretty large.
      If you are looking for mouthbrooders Channoides, Albimarginata & Rubra.
      For bubble nesters, i like the "reds" such as uberis, livida & brownorum. Or the blues like Imbellis (splendens complex). The rest are kinda plain IMO.

I know that FRII had a couple of Imbellis & i saw some Channoides at FG in the 10 gal section (but they were kind of skinny)

CHannoides & Albimarginata you can get from www.brianstropicals.com

If you're looking for rubra, drop me a PM and i'll give you the e-mail of my friend who is breeding them.

Good luck!
      Last edited by nacra99; 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

we have betta imbellis at fish ranch.
        fishless

Comment

hmmm i was leaning more towards the mouthbrooders, i like both the channoides and albimarginata but it says theyre all sold out on brianstropicals. I might go to FG as a last resort unless i can find somewhere else.

Comment

You can try aquabid.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I just got back from the greatest wild betta auction ever.
              The only pair of MACs went for $250
              so I didn't get the extra male I was looking for.
              I did pick up 2 female Chloropharynx that lost their males in shipping
              and 2 male Foerschi that lost their females.
              I also got a pair of Coccina and 6 Falx along with 8 Mahachai fry.
              Willing to trade if anyone can use them.

I'll be spending the rest of the day setting up wild betta tanks.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

okay so i was able to find someone from the US who bred them, and i need a second opinion. does $70 for 6 unsexed juvenile betta channoides with overnight shipping and DOA guarantee sound good? I've never spent this much on fish (to a 17 year old, that's a lot), Should I do it? unless someone else knows where i can get them locally this will probably be the only place i can get them.

Comment

Working...
                X