The best LFSs in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best LFSs in Texas

Where are the best fish stores in Texas? We've got great stores here in Houston, but if I travel this summer, I might want to visit someplace new.

I can list a few-

Dave's in San Antonio- African cichlids' home away from home, and one of the best LFS owners in the business.
    Aqua-Tek, Austin- super variety (esp. CA & SA cichlids), and really clean tanks and store.
    River City Aquatics, Austin- African cich., trophs, West Africans, some oddballs.
    Amazonia, Austin- no longer the 800lb gorilla of all fish stores since the original owner sold it, but still worth a look.

I've been to Rift2Reef, Dallas North Aquarium, and Fish Gallery in Dallas. They were all nice in their own way.

Rift2Reef had the best Tangs, although I think I caught them on a bad week.

Fish Gallery is like ours, but a little more open in its layout. Heavy on the salt and S.A.'s

Dallas North Aquarium is like the Sams Club of LFS's. They had more new and used hardware (lights, tanks, stands, pumps, sumps, substrate, decorations, etc etc) than any other pet store local or chain I've ever seen. Again, heavy on the salt and S.A.'s.
    Last edited by jeebus; 06-15-2009, 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed DNA store name..
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Dallas North Aquarium sold me 2 x 4"+ clown loaches for $15.

Comment

aqua tek=bring your wallet........but they always have something worth buying
        rare dave-i've gotten a few fish from him
        dallas-is that in texas?

Comment

Gotta give props to Dan at HAW...we have people come from all over Texas come to see the store every weekend.
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Dallas is definately in Texas. I just got through driving there and back. Went Saturday afternoon. 6.5 hours, then back this morning 6.5 hours. Wew. that is a looong drive

Comment

Was traffic bad or something? 6.5 hours usually puts me into Oklahoma
              Charles Jones
              http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

...I know right?
                250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

He lives in Baton Rouge.
                  Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Working...
                  X