Introducing Zoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Zoe

Went to Dan's yesterday and picked up this little one. When I went to the tanks she immediately zoomed up and acted like she wanted to bite me. I knew she was "the one". Right now she's in my 40g but will be upgraded to the 90g when she outgrows the 40g.

She was a little freaked out since I brought her home and has been hanging out behind the terracotta pot. To give you an idea of size this is a 6 inch pot. She's about 2 inches.

Karen

shes very cute!

sounds like a future arm eater
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

ROFL! My son wanted me to name her "Muzzle" as in she needs one. LOL
      Karen

Comment

nice
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Yeaaaaaaaa! You finally got one!) She'll come around. She sure is a beauty!
          A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

I notice when I go into the bedroom she's out, but when I get too close she hides. I'm sure it won't be long and she'll be considering me her "food source" LOL
            Karen

Comment

AWW!! I want one! Where did you get her? My last one committed suicide.
              Merritt Adkins
              Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
              Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
              The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

25 bucks at Dan's, Houston Aquarium Warehouse. first thing I did was put a cover on her tank, lol.
                Karen

Comment

Awesome! :-) Good to hear that. lol

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
                  25 bucks at Dan's, Houston Aquarium Warehouse. first thing I did was put a cover on her tank, lol.
                  Merritt Adkins

Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
                  The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

Looks nice. Good luck!
                    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by MerrittA View Post
                      AWW!! I want one! Where did you get her? My last one committed suicide.
                      There's one for sale in the buy/sell/trade section. It's 6" I think.

Here you go: http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforum...ad.php?t=29141

$75 or best offer.
                      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Well, it's nice to meet you Zoe.....i'm sure your going to be as spoiled as Ra is in a very short time....
                        Karen, she's gorgeous.....congratulations on getting her.....

Comment

Isn't that a Fahaka though. I have my heart set in a Mbu. I like Fahaka, but I just really want the Mbu. Don't need one anyway, don't have the space anymore. Oh, by the way TheKarens, you have a lovely baby mbu! Congratulations on the new addition!!

Originally posted by edmlfc View Post
                          There's one for sale in the buy/sell/trade section. It's 6" I think.

Here you go: http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforum...ad.php?t=29141

$75 or best offer.
                          Last edited by MerrittA; 06-15-2009, 12:09 AM.
                          Merritt Adkins

Comment

Sorry, my baby is a fahaka. Personally, I'd for for the fahaka. Rarely does the average person have the space and resources for a 1000 gallon tank once a mbu gets full grown. :)
                            Karen

Comment

Yea, I am very aware of their size requirements and the filtration required (such messy puffers!). Also, the average person purchases these guys on a whim, and tries to stick them in a 10 gallon tank. People need to know how large these guys get (largest freshwater puffers in the world!) and the money required to keep them. I hate watching the large one at Fish R Us in that tiny tank, he seems so sad. And to correct myself, congratulations on the baby fahaka! :) They are so cute and fun!

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
                              Sorry, my baby is a fahaka. Personally, I'd for for the fahaka. Rarely does the average person have the space and resources for a 1000 gallon tank once a mbu gets full grown. :)
                              Merritt Adkins

Comment

Working...
                              X