Metro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro?

I just bought a group of tropheus two weeks ago. They're doing okay but i want to make sure that no bloat occur so i bought Metronidazole (white salt looking kind). I heard that you can soak their food in it and feed it to them.
    The question is, How to soak the food? im afraid that i will overdose it.

If they are eating don't treat. save the metro for when you really need it. hopefully never. If you want to help them maybe put a heaping tablespoon of epsom salt per 10 gal water. I've bought that seachem metro and hate it. their little measure scoop is a pain in the___. the fish-zole pills are better.
    The way I soak their food is put a scoop or 2, or a pill or 2, in a cup and stir and stir. this stuff is not water soluble. then soak the food for a minute or 2. then fill cup with tank water and dump in.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I have read that most people put a bunch of flakes in a table spoon, then sprinkle some metro on top and then fill the spoon with water and let it dry.

Then feed.

I have read where people dose 2 and 3 times of the amount of metro and not had negative effects.

I would just be reasonably careful at how much you put into your spoon.

If you want to be certain, I would full dose the powder amount in 1/3 the water.

Then pour that over a bunch of flake food, let it dry and then feed that.
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

They're eating like a pig right now. No sign of bloat.
        Thanks..i'll just put epsom salt.

Comment

Working...
        X