X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can this work?

i want to know if this will work?
    my vieja's, jag, dovii, and loiselli, are all fighting constantly
    but i have a huge pond, 96x36x42 at my brother in laws house , he has 2x red tiger motoguense, a red devil, and 3 small bullhead catfish, my ? is, i dont want to get rid of these fish, but i dont want them to fight, so i wouold like to know if i can put them in ths pond longterm, like is it big enough?

the pond is loaded with driftwood from lake conroe and cypress creek, and has 2x 1500g tetra pond filters on it.
    i do bi-weekly 30% wc on it.
    the pond is above ground, in my brother in laws garage, and is heated.
    the rtm's and devil are all doing great,
    so does anyone think this is feasable?
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

anyone have any input on ifyou think this pond id big enough?
    i need to know, if it is, i will take them and acclimate them tonght.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

are you putting them ALL in there?
      210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
      125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
      10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

thats the plan
        the pond is a 2x4 wood frame, with a pond liner in it, the pond the entire setup measures 8'x3'x3.5' and there is ~600lbs of driftwood in it.
        i have over 15 pieces, me and my brother in law went swimming in conroe, and found this little like 30' cove, it was full of huge pieces of driftwood.
        4 of the pieces have nice large crevices they are big enough for the 11" devil to swim in an out of and hide in with any effort.
        i have 3" of pool filter sand from leslies, and 4x 48" twim bulb shop lights over it, i am running 4x 10k and 4x powerglo, i have a thermo pond heater, its like a heater in the shape of a large disc, they sell them at petsmart, it will efficiently heat upto a 1000g pond.
        i use this in the colder months.
        then i have 5x 8" clay pots and 4x 10" clay pots.
        then i have 4x oddyssea 350gph powerheads, 1 in each corner.
        and 2x tetra pond filter, that are rated for upto 1500g each.

i am just gunna go for it, i think with all of the hiding places and the huge size of the pond, i think it will be fine.

i am gunna take them over there tommarrow and acclimate them and watch them for like 6 hours and see how they do.

if worst comes to worst, i will throw like 10-12 adult bluegill from the other pond, next to the fish pond into there to take the hits like dithers.

i think they wil be fine, 628g should keep them happy for quite some time, i am gunna see if i can find some peackock bass, jack dempseys, and texas cichlids to add to the pond aswell.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

can you get me so small peacock and texas cichlids?

Comment

i dont think its a good idea for long term. too many parachromis together will not work. dovi will reach 20" in no time and once it does it will probably target the jag or devil. i dont think those five could live in a 8' x 8' pond.
            fishless

Comment

there is the 628g pod, and the is a 180g that the turles were in before their pond was built, woulf this be ok to house the dovii in for like his entire life?
              my brother in law loves the really aggressive cichlids, and has been reading up on dovii for the past hour, and is hel;l bent on keeping him, he says he will setup the 180g for him, he has 2x ac 110's, jager 250watt heater, gravel, and a huge driftwood stump, would this be adequeate for the dovii longterm?
              i am at his house right now.
              we are gunna set it up.
              would the viejas, loiselli, and jag be ok with the red devil and red tiger motogunese male in the pond?
              if not, then i guess i will ssetup the 75g to
              he really wants them, lol.
              FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

180 is fair but idealy you want something bigger. at least he wont be cramped. not sure about the pond. except for the viejas everybody else in there has the potential to kill its oponent. i guess if you add the bluegills it might work. i mean ive seen tanks with cichlids i wouldnt dare try to keep together and they work.
                fishless

Comment

Working...
                X