Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders Special

Don’t miss the Betta convention in Dallas June 24th–28th
    With all the international entries, you can expect to see some of the most beautiful Betta splendens in the world. But there will also be many other kinds of Bettas. Some as large as 5” some as small as an inch. Many bubblenesters but also quite a few mouthbrooders. There are over 80 different species of bettas known and loss of natural habitat is slowly making some of them endangered species.
    The IBC Species Maintenance Program is a clearinghouse and resource center for all existing available information on Betta species and we promote continued research to learn about and breed endangered species.
    This year the convention will have a special exhibit of wild bettas. It will be the largest exhibit of species bettas ever assembled in the United States. We have done this before for our shows but never on this scale. This is a world wide effort. There will be over 25 species coming in from Indonesia, dozens of Thai species and as many as 40 species from IBC SMP Breeders.
    They will be shown by complex with a picture of their natural habitat and along with some facts about the species. These will be some of the more exotic species of betta. It will probably be the only chance you will have to purchase these fish in the United States.

We encourage anyone who wants to help us preserve these "jewels of nature" to join us at the exhibit & auction.
    "No one can save them all
    but everyone can at least save one"
    You'll never again have an opportunity to view an exhibit of this magnatitude. We need some of the FishBox breeders to come up, check these guys out and stay for the auction. This is your chance to have something that nobody else in town has ever even seen.

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Hey Everyone,

I want to extend a big thank you to Tom Aquarium Products and their parent company, Koller Enterprises. We needed about 150 tanks to house the species Bettas at the convention and they really came through for us in a big way. They figured out a total cost at a discount, including shipping, for the tanks and then donated half of that amount so that we were able to purchase the tanks and shipping at half price. If you're looking for small plastic tanks for your fishroom, please take a good long look at the Pla-House tanks by Tom Aquarium Products. I use a bunch in my fishroom and really like them.

Mark Denaro
    IBC President
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I like to tell all the cichlid folks that they're anabantoid keepers in training! Most people keep cichlids for their behavior and anabantoids are more interesting and at least as colorful. I've converted a number of cichlid folks that way.
      Mark

Comment

This wild event is becoming a monster. I just was notified this morning that an Asian betta chapter is going to participate and is sending 250 fish. This is getting out of hand. I hope there are fish in Asia after the convention. These are rare species and some very desirable ones at that.

Wally

Comment

2 days and a wake up

Originally posted by Gempur Soesetyo hadi on Better Bettas
          Hello,
          This is Hadi from Indonesia.
          For the first time I send my WB to the IBC Contest. There are Betta Patoti, Palifina, Albimarginata and Uberis. All of them are 4 pairs. Joty help me to ship my fishes with his fishes together to you today.
          Please find attached my entry form for your kind attention.
          Please let me know, if there is any information that should I complete.
          thank you and best regards,
          Last edited by PhishPhreek; 06-22-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hey All,
            I thought I should let you know what our friends in Indonesia are sending for the convention show and auction. Be sure to check the couch for extra change. There are a lot of great fish that are seldom available in the US. I'm sure the bidding will be spirited! If you weren't already planning to attend, this list may give you the final push.
            Mark

36 Betta Chanoides 3 - 5 cm
            Betta Macrostoma 10-12 cm
            Betta Patoti 10-12 cm
            Betta Ocellata 10-12 cm
            Betta Ideii 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Foerschi 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Unimaculata 10-12 cm
            9 Betta Uberis 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Coccina 3 - 5 cm
            6 Betta Chlorophanynx 5 - 6 cm
            18 Betta Palifina 7 - 8 cm
            Betta Bellica 10-12 cm
            8 Betta Pulchra 7 - 8 cm
            Betta Brownorum 3 - 5 cm
            Betta Schalleri 7 - 8 cm
            6 Betta Akarensis (Borneo sp) 10-12 cm
            6 Betta SP Bangka 5 - 6 cm
            8 Betta Raja 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Rutilan 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Burdigala 5 - 6 cm
            Betta cracens 5 - 6 cm
            6 Betta Wajok (new species) 5 - 6 cm
            Betta rubra 5 - 6 cm
            Betta imbelis 5 - 6 cm
            Betta albimarginata 3 - 5 cm
            Betta simorum 10-12 cm
            Betta livida 3 - 5 cm
            Betta mahachai 5 - 6 cm
            Betta Splendens 5 - 6 cm
            Parosphonemus parvulus 5 - 6 cm

Comment

Also have Betta Edithae from bangka island 3 pairs

Comment

Working...
              X