brackish water changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brackish water changes

i was wondering how to change brackish water, should i add marine salt everytime when i do water change or not? this stuff gets expensive after awhile! lol.

Yes. Add salt to the new water and let it dissolve thoroughly before adding it back to the tank. A good idea would be to pre-make brackish water before you do a water change. Just be sure to check the salinity of the tank water and the new water to make sure they are the same. When just topping off, however, you can add fresh water.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

yes you do...
      preferably pre-mix the saltwater to 1.010 - 1.015 before adding.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

not sure if it matters as much for brackish water but for saltwater (1.025sg) you are supposed to let it sit for at least 24 hrs before water change.
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

alright thanks guys.

Comment

i was wondering how many times should i do water changes in a brackish tank. i have java moss sitting on top of the sand. ive heard that i need to stir up the sand so it released dangerous gases and stuff. i was wondering how many times i should do the water change in my situation because its going to be a hassle to syphon/water change once a week with all the moss sticking to the bottom and changing out the salt in the tank. -_-

Comment

Working...
            X