X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally a brackish section!

:) we finally have a brackish section.

Sweet!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

now we just need more brackish keepers
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I don't even think I have ever heard of any brackish fish. I mean I know they exist but I couldn't name any. I have an aversion to salty water. Really, though, for some reason I can't take much salt. When I eat sushi I only put a drop of soy sauce on each roll. Too much and my stomach feels awful. 1000mg of sodium per tbsp!

Back on topic : Someone (a brackish fish keeper) should make a list of commonly seen brackish fish with pictures or something? Maybe make some fish profiles. You know educate the rest of us.
        -Laura-

Comment

I know archer fish are brackish, and many puffers are as well. I also think that scats are brackish too...but I might be wrong on that one.
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

No, scats are brackish. Maybe this will help you:

Comment

Scats, monos, green spotted puffers, figure eight puffers, red line tribal puffers, jade gobies, dragon gobies, archers, marbled gobies, diamond killifish, gulf coast killifish, Colombian shark catfish (hard head catfish), datanoids, hogchokers (a type of mini flounder), gulf coast flounder, sheepshead minnows, fiddler crabs, some of our native hermit crabs, nerite snails, and many others...
              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

i kno wheres more people out there with brackish!!

Comment

i used to have brakish when i had my moray eel
                  and it was wierd but it seemed to me like all my fish had more color when my water was brakkish
                  210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
                  125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
                  10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

It seems like it would be hard to keep the salinity the same and to prepare the water. Maybe one day I'll give myself a salt dip.
                    -Laura-

Comment

it's not that hard to prepare proper sg levels in water, hydrometer helps a lot.. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X