Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim Bladder Problems

Easy to read diagnostic chart

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Cool. Helpful, I think. I had to look up some words to understand it all:

purulent
    –adjective 1. full of, containing, forming, or discharging pus; suppurating: a purulent sore. 2. attended with suppuration: purulent appendicitis. 3. of the nature of or like pus: purulent matter.

inclusion
    –noun 1. A nonliving mass, such as a droplet of fat, in the cytoplasm of a cell. 2. a body suspended in the cytoplasm, as a granule.

Question: How would you be able to determine the symptoms? A. (The fish whirl or wobble around the aquarium) and E. (These fish were standing on their heads, or laying flat on the bottom) sound like they would be easy to tell. But the others? Btw, I'm not saying it's a bad link or diagnostic chart, but just how would you be able to tell with some of these? 'Specially since the swim bladder is internal.
    -Laura-

Comment

This is geared to a tank full of fish all infected (not a single betta). If the quick fix doesn't work then you can open up the first few that die and maybe figure out how to save the survivors.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
        This is geared to a tank full of fish all infected (not a single betta). If the quick fix doesn't work then you can open up the first few that die and maybe figure out how to save the survivors.
        I didn't mention bettas. I guess it is a more advanced diagnostic chart so you'd have to open up some of them. I was just wondering how you would tell without doing an autopsy. Btw what is the quick fix?
        -Laura-

Comment

Treat with TMP Sulfa -or- Erythromycin

...... but I always think "BETTAS"
          more often than not, Betta swim bladder problems are due to an intestinal blockage because of their eating habbits... "if it moves, eat it"
          Last edited by PhishPhreek; 05-19-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X