CBS show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS show

The results are in from the California Betta Society show.
    there were 279 entries.
    I managed to win
    3rd place in 6 classes
    2nd place in 5 classes
    1st place in 8 classes
    3 reserve Best of Division
    4 Best of Division.

On to the nest show in Florida May 30th and then the National in Dallas.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Congradulations

Comment

Sweet!
      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Fantastic! Keep it up!
          -Laura-

Comment

What do you actually win? $$? or just trophies?

Comment

Actually I won little colored ribbons worth about $1.50 each. But I spent $2 each fish entry fee and $40 postage to ship them there and more postage for those being shipped back. But I suppose the winners sold for more at the auction. I made $150 at the last show. And my reputation as a breeder is enhanced so that now my Fry are worth more. I am currently shipping one or two pair a week at $35/pair so next fall I can more than likely charge $45/pair.
              $10/pr times 50 pair is $500.00 I'm not getting rich off my hobby but it costs me less than playing golf or maintaining a nice boat.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Top 20 breeders

Points are in for the CBS show and I got enough to move up to 4th place and I'm closing the gap on 3rd. Two more show to go, the 30th in Florida and then the Nationals in Dallas.

Comment

So cool.....Good for you Sir...You're somewhat of a celebrity now then.....I wish you continued luck thru the coming years/shows.

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Congrats JR.
                    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Wow! That's great......Congrats on your win!
                      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Working...
                      X