ghost shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost shrimp

i have some in a 10 gallon and 4 are pregnant what do i need/do so these babys will stay alive and grow?
    210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
    125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
    10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Not much. They are fairly undemanding creatures.
    A forum community dedicated to fish owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, health, behavior, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

thanks that really helped :)
      210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat

Comment

FW ghost shrimp have palegic fry which means they have a larvae planktonic stage for about a week or so which makes them extremely hard to raise.

Out of the entire batch of eggs, you might only have a few survive to adulthood, which is typically better than most aquarists get. To increase survival rate you have to turn off all filters to prevent them from getting sucked in. On top of that you need to have greenwater (phytoplankton) in your tank for the larvae to feed on before they grow into little shrimplets at 1-2 weeks.

Good luck!
        Last edited by nacra99; 05-11-2009, 09:11 PM.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

thts soo much to do i have a question for anyone to answer y did most LFS stop sellon ghost shrimp all the sudden?

Comment

Dunno, but Aquariumworld on 290 & Hollister (?) has them. 20 cents each if i remember correctly.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
            X