Is this a male?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a male?

Hello guys my brother just got a new flowerhorn. I want to ask you guys is it a male or not. I also want to show you the flowerhorn that I just got. Do you know what age they are when they're mature enough to mate? I try doing that yesterday and the male bit the female pretty badly.

180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Which one is the one that would you like to know if it's a male?
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Both of them
      180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

The dark one looks like a female and the light one looks like a male to me, but I'm no expert.
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

it looks like the larger brighter one is male. the smaller, deeper colored one looks female. friend told me the females have a black spot on the dorsal fin.
          140 New World Cichlids
          125 African Lakes Victoria and Malawi
          80 Lake Tanganyika (Burundi Frontosas)
          30 Pundamilia Neyerie Ruti Island group
          29 Tropical Semi Aggressive/Community
          And to think....in January it was just the 29...)

Comment

Oh yeah I know that light one is a female. I mean that small one my bro just brought home and the dark one.

Comment

Working...
            X