My 65g Angel Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 65g Angel Setup

So i decided to set up an Angel tank with a few supplies i had laying around. i wasnt really going for a certain "look". I kinda just pieced some stuff together. i'm thinking about adding some driftwood, and some eartheaters. The light is a cheap strip light that i had from an old tank, i plan on upgrading one of these days. Anyway, all comments and criticism are welcome.

FULL TANK

ZEBRA ANGEL AND GOLD MARBLE ANGEL

MY 'FAKE ALTUM' (not sure what he is)

DOMINANT ZEBRA ANGEL

THESE GUYS ARE BEST FRIENDS

If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

no comments.....?
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

angels look great.

the only things i can say is remove the orange plants, add some driftwood, beef up filtration to 2x ac 500's and switch out that light for a 4x bulb oddysea T6 light and throw some large swords and anubias in there:)
      FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Your "fake altum" looks like a wild scalare, the original angel.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

dang Brian, the orange plants were my favorite. I'm in the market for some driftwood right now, but i'm not sure how big or what kind i want yet. I talked to Dan yesterday about getting me some tiny swimmers that wont get eaten. I really wanted to do a planted tank, but i really dont think i'm ready for that. (financially and mentally)
          If it ain't wild caught
          You ain't doing it right

Comment

If you're going to stick with the artificial plants, try to find some taller, softer looking ones, the taller plants will complement the angels tall body shape. I've found even I can keep anubius, crypts and bolbitus alive with low light and they do fairly well in the higher temps as well. Ditto with Mark on your fake Altum, where did you get it? While I'm on the subject of where's, where did you get your zebra male? He looks really familiar, did you by chance pick him up at an HAS auction? If it was one I brought to the auction I'm glad to see him doing so well. If your fake altum/scalare is a female, she would make a dandy mate for him .
            Last edited by szidlon; 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM. Reason: Either can't type or can't spell, or a combination of both :(
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

i actually got all of my Zebras at the auction. Me and my wife went there specifically for angels and these were the prettiest i'd ever seen. They have been wonderful. Do you breed angels?
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
                no comments.....?
                NICE!
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

i like the tank as it is myself......
                  very nice.....

Comment

well, thank you fishlady.
                    If it ain't wild caught
                    You ain't doing it right

Comment

looking good rhett

Comment

Nice looking tank!!
                        Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
                        125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
                        90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
                        55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
                        55g peacock pair
                        45g Fry tank
                        12g Hospital Tank
                        75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

Thread have went off subject...

Comment

Reopening this thread to allow for more discussion related to the 65g Angel setup.

I also copied this thread to the Lounge to allow for the off topic discussion to continue. It is called My Angel Setup Extended Version.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
                            Our Fishhouse
                            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
                              i Do you breed angels?
                              Not intentionally anymore , it just happens sometimes .
                              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                              X