My Bettas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bettas

Here are some pictures of my bettas! I have five but two are not shown due to battling fin rot. These guys live in a five gallon divided onto four separate tanks. I put Orion next to his sister and they have started to flirt and Orion actually started to make a nest after not making any for two years! I am excited for him. Now that I have shown you mine, show me yours!!

Orion (half moon)

Orion's sister (half moon)

Mufasa (veil tail)
    Merritt Adkins
    Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
    Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
    The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

This is a somewhat blurry picture of my Miyamoto. He may not be as pretty as yours, but I love him to pieces.
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

He looks great! I personally love bettas. They are like potato chips, I can't just have one. :-) Thanks for sharing!
      Merritt Adkins

Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
      The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

This is Captain Peacock. Excuse the highlight effect - I've been playing with Picasa. I saw him at Aquarium World and thought he was very beautiful, so I brought him home with me.

*edit* Would he be called a tricolor butterfly? I know he's tricolor, but not sure about the butterfly part.
        Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Very nice...
          He sure is tri-colored alright....
          The butterfly trait refers to the opaque (white) tips of the fins that form a distinct band of opaque finnage beyond the colored finnage.
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

here we go!
            Last edited by jisatsuguy; 02-15-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

btw these are my daughters and they get frequent water changes with nice clean aged water

Comment

Jisatsuguy, your daughter's bettas look great! They look like happy and healthy bettas! I need to update this post cause I have different bettas now and they look great. I have actually been researching on how to build my own betta setup, like the one in this picture: LINK

Hopefully one day I can get my bettas a nice penthouse setup like this one. Will post new pictures of my bettas soon! :-)
                Merritt Adkins

Comment

I have a 20g long devided with glass partitions similar to that. It gives me 4 spaces of 5 gal each. The glass partitions cost me $5 each and it took me about an hour to silicone them in place. Rather than drill a bunch of holes and install a complex filter system I just added small HOBs on each section.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                  X