Wigglers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigglers!

After less than a week holding and about 3days tumbling we have heads & tails!

700g Mini-Monster tank

nice pics

Comment

Thats sweet. Are they trophs?
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

yeah tropheus eggs.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Nice! and congrats!
          300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

4days later....

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

what trophs?

Comment

I thought there was 17 of them?
                150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                115G Tanganyikan

Comment

There was actually more... some were not viable and some looked wrong once they formed into full wigglers so to make room I went ahead and pushed them into main tank.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

11days from the first pictures... these guys cleaned up all the algae that was growing on the screen, forgot to snap a picture of it though.

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

just curious

im just curious, why would you strip fry so early? and is that safe? whats the screened container in the photo? and would you be willing to describe the items and method of making that container?

my acei was holding so i attempted to strip her (she spit 3 fry) which still had egg sacks so i coaxed her into picking the fry back up.
                      i had her in a holding tank , and yes she accepted her fry ( i was surprised) while she was in the tank my yellow lab was holding again. so i snatched her out of the 300 gallon, tossed her into the holding tank ( with about 5 more hours before i planned on stripping the acei ,) well when i went to get the acei i noticed the lab was chasing her, so i later realised the lab ( which currently has 25 fry in growout tank) spit her fry and also stressed the acei so much she spit her fry.....so the asses are back in the 300. and im without acei ( the fry i wanted )

anyways congrats on the tropheus ? lol i killed a whole colony of 14 the second day i had them........................................( sorta)
                      Last edited by sacrimontis; 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I stripped them cause the tropheus variant is hard to come by and cause I was bored.

The screened contraption is a tumbler I bought from JRogo on cyphos.com.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I do not think Jrogo is selling them anymore. I could not find it on the site they mentioned at cyphos.com

Comment

I couldn't either...
                            Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Do we need to strip the mom or it can just spit it out by their self?

Comment

Working...
                              X