need advice on discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on discus

I have a 55 gal with 5-3" blue diamonds 1 3.5" pegion and 1 3.5-4" leopard. I have removed everything from the tank except gravel and a few small rocks for territory. The problem I am having is that they have become verry skiddish and either hide in a corner bunched togeather or dart from side to side. They do settle down from time to time and some times will greet me for food. i have moved the rocks also tried removing them, but it was to no avail. any ideas?
    People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
    29 bio cube (reef)
    20 cube (kids tank)

Takes them time to accept ANY changes, just stabilize the tank, don't "pussyfoot" around, do normal activity, they will become accustomed to it sooner or later. I would sit and watch mine eat, they got used to me after a while.

Comment

Give 'em time. They will become more comfortable every day. It's normal for them to be skittish at first. In time they will be more comfortable with you and movement around their tank.

edit: Wolfbane posted while I was writing my reply. I agree with his post 100%.

Mark
      Last edited by wesleydnunder; 04-30-2009, 11:18 AM.
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I have sat and watch them eat. I also try to make any changes slowly. I have had them for around a month or a little more and it seems to have gotten worse. Just worried about them. I have kids also and I have asked them to move slowly around the tank and stay a couple of feet back. for the time being. I have had them help me feed them and it help a little. I also have not started using bloodworms or beefheart yet will start tonight though. I have just been using granules. Thank you guys. I will not "pussyfoot" around them any more. I hope they come around soon. Cable guy scared the crap out of them yesterday. lol
        Last edited by dustin; 04-30-2009, 11:34 AM.
        People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
        29 bio cube (reef)
        20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

Working...
        X