Articles section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articles section

I'd like to see an articles section in the forums. We have a lot of experience at HFB that could be archived into a ready resource. I was wondering how y'all felt about the idea.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Sounds cool! What were you thinking? What kind of articles?
    -Laura-

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyDragon09 View Post
      Sounds cool! What were you thinking? What kind of articles?
      Articles about the different facets of fishkeeping; Cycling a new tank, CO2 injection, methods of filtration, etc. Basically a section that provides a ready resource for experienced fishkeepers and newbs alike. I've seen it done quite successfully at other forums and thought it would be a great addition to HFB.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

It would be incredibly easy to implement. There is an 'Article' feature built in to VBPortal.

Look to the left and see the 'Hot Content' block...those are articles. All I'd have to do would be to create the proper categories for the content to reside in. Of course, the articles would be reviewed before being posted.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
          ...Of course, the articles would be reviewed before being posted.
          That's how the admin did it at another forum. Submitted articles were reviewed by the admins and, if judged acceptable, were posted as stickies in the article forum.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
          X