Cool puffer foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool puffer foods

Thanks to Shawn I am now the lucky owner of Peter Puffer. He's really awesome and eats like a horse. So far I know he loves him some market shrimp (peeled, raw). My question is what else can you feed these guys and what's the best food to keep his beek filed down? Right now it's crawfish season so that will be fun, but what else?????

I think mystery snails work for purpose
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Where do I get mystery snails from and how much do they cost?

Comment

I know that they are $1.99 at petsmart. I haven't priced anyone else yet
        ‎Haiku's are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator

Comment

I think Fish Ranch on larkwood has some for a little cheaper than that.
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Clams
            Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

you can buy crab, clams, mussels, squid, and pond snails for them

please remember to freeze all the things you buy from the seafood markets first then thaw in some of his tank water then feed him.
              you'll need to soak it in vita chem to keep him healthy....
              if you feed live food like crabs, crawfish and the like please quarantine it for a few days in another holding tank....don't buy and feed them...they are so easily given intestinal parasites from the foods they eat....

congratulations on your new little friend....and good luck with him....

Comment

I use clams from the asian supermarket.

Check out aquabid.... there's a listing for like 150 dwarf crays on there that you could release into a tank full of fake plants and I'm sure they will mass produce and you could use them to feed.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Don't peel the market shrimp. The shell help with beak issues. how big is Peter? My Fahaka can handle mts with no issue.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                    Don't peel the market shrimp. The shell help with beak issues. how big is Peter? My Fahaka can handle mts with no issue.
                    I'd say 8-9 inches. He's got an awesome personality. I'll try some of the clams and mussels and crawfish that y'all suggest. Do I just thaw out and throw in or should I help him out some and open the shell so that he can get to the meat?

Comment

Don't you DARE buy snails. Just let me know when you'll be up at Dan's and I'll bring some up for you. I have more than I need for our puffers.

The more notice you give me (like overnight), the more snails I can bring you.
                      Our Fishhouse
                      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

You can also buy clams on the halfshell at City Pets. They have them in the freezer. I feed those to our Fahaka and he loves them.
                        Our Fishhouse
                        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I barely crack the shells of the clams for my puffer and it works to get them all the way open.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I also soak their food in vitamins.
                            A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                              Don't you DARE buy snails. Just let me know when you'll be up at Dan's and I'll bring some up for you. I have more than I need for our puffers.

The more notice you give me (like overnight), the more snails I can bring you.

That's really nice of you! I will definitely let you know the next time I head over to Dan's. Aren't you looking after the store for him coming up pretty soon??

"I also soak their food in vitamins. "
                              What kind of vitamins and where do you get them????

Comment

Working...
                              X