Fish murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish murderer

So last night I got a call from my wife that I am a fish murderer. She got home and said all of her fish in her 90G angel tank had died. While I was at work I was pissed. I couldnt believe it and that means we lost our breading Koi pair. So when I finally got home at about 10pm I was gearing up to fish out dozens of fish. I noticed that some were on there last legs still barely breathing. So I dropped in my Korlia and raised it above the water level to bring in oxygen and droped a line from my air pump and began doing a water change and fishing out the clearly dead ones. In the end I have 2 angels out of 6 I was able to revive the female of the breading Koi. In all we lost about half of our total fish population. Not sure what happened I think I OD'ed them on CO2 I turned it up in the morning but not much or Excel.:icon_hang:
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

That sucks man... sorry to hear that. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks Tim. They seem to be fine now. I guess I will now be buying Angels at the auction if there are any available.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Any clue (beyond the CO2) as to what could have happened?
        Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Murderer......you should hate yourself.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

My guess is the CO2 coupled with my dosing of Excel. I havent had the problem before but I did increase the CO2 levels the same day I dosed with Excel I usually does once every other day. My plants are big and healthy though.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I'm guessing it was the increase of co2. Sorry for your loss, dude. Off-gassing to correct the symptoms the fish were exhibiting wouldn't have effected the amount of excel in the water, only co2 concentration.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                Murderer......you should hate yourself.
                EK! I think Brian feels bad enough already.
                If I had some baby angels I'd give you some, but I can't get them to breed. (I hear you snickering there, EK).
                I may have a spare blue or marble you can "borrow".
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

I appreciate the support Nick. Sonja says she is devistated too, she says she thinks I sabatoged her tank. She cant sleep at night sleeping next to a murderer.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Yes, Jeebus has killed many of my fish too....but yet his fish thrive and breed

Comment

Thats what she said. Why are yours alive and mine died. But I did manage to kill my discus before too. She said both are your fault so you are a killer. Thats only because she doesnt take care of them she just wants to watch them.
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Here is the female I have the male looked a lot like her. Anyone have one similar?

Resident fish bum
                        330G FOWLR
                        34G Reef
                        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Kiovo View Post
                          Yes, Jeebus has killed many of my fish too....but yet his fish thrive and breed
                          Killed or sold behind your back?
                          PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

I also have silver zebra, gold veiltail and platnium marble you can borrow if you want to try to spawn them, My black, black marble, silver pearscale and white are off limits. The marbles and blues are "rescues", the previous owner had them with a scat that ripped their ventral fins off! despite being amputees, they seem to be doing well.
                            PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                              I also have silver zebra, gold veiltail and platnium marble you can borrow if you want to try to spawn them, My black, black marble, silver pearscale and white are off limits. The marbles and blues are "rescues", the previous owner had them with a scat that ripped their ventral fins off! despite being amputees, they seem to be doing well.
                              How many times do you have to be told it's not possible to make a baby and fish can't adopt.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X